Quote:

And with E-bodies can you cut the side plastic A-piller for a hardtop to make it work for a convertible?? Like you can on A and B bodies??

I think so (and I hope so since the passenger side one in my car broke when I took it off - it was covered in leather so I didn't see it had a crack, and a previous owner had glued it to the pillar). The top is not visible, the convertible has a small *metal* trim corner up there, over the top of the pillar molding.
Stamping small metal parts was cheaper than making a plastic mould, so that convertible-specific part got made in metal while the pillar trim was just a cut-up hardtop version. If Chrysler had tooled up for a plastic version, there would have been no need for the metal corner.

I think you're right, windshield trim and windshield-to-cowl trim are not convertible-specific.
That huge two-part header trim is. A-Pillar trim looks like what was on the Daytonas, but are probably different.

What would be the purpose of that foam? Preventing water from entering through the header?
I did have a problem with that in my car, but the only remnants of foam I found were on the back of the trim.
If it's a water protection, then it should be compressed by the trim to form a barrier.

I can't think of another use.