I watched that auction just awaiting for my time to bid, unfortunately when I remembered and logged on, I was about 1 minute late and it was over.

I bought one nearly identical with a lil more timming for $300 shipped. about a month ago off eBay. The base has another cut out on it, but it has a nice correct lid.

Link to trimmed A12 base and lid for $300 shipped purchased by daniel_depetro

I was going to keep my nice lid with the nice base discussed in this thread and sell the lesser of the two and hopefully break even, or very close to it.
I also sent the seller a message asking him to pass my name along to the buyer in case he may want to sell it and make a quick buck, or in case he decides not to use it at a later date.
I currently have two that are trimmed like this.

This one I also bought for $275 years ago from a Corvette owner...
sine one modified the lip, they carefully cut out the outer lip (A12 / T/A-AAR wide lip) and formed in a new center piece, but the base was nice, other than being trimmed.

Unfortunately it was in our ship that burned down Dec 26th 2005. The lid is badly warped and the base is also slightly. I can fix the base with enough patience, but I'm always searching for a better replacement...

1969 Dodge Super Bee A12 (440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 4.10)

1972 Plymouth Road Runner (400, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)

1974 Plymouth Duster 360 (360, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)