Quote:

I bought one from year one I don't know - 10 years ago when I bought a ton of stuff during a sale? Brand was ReadyAire I think ? FIT was doodoo - I had to trim and grind the metal flange around the body of core and redrill the holes to line up the outer boxes - I brought the old core(wasn't the original)to my local guy who does alot of old time stuff, he told me it wasn't worth it, would be too much...I still have it - didn't think about Glen Ray...wonder if they can fix the old one...then again I wonder if it is the original, there are #'s on it but they don't correspond to the parts book #'s - either way, I got the year one to fit but was a pita...

just pulled out my old one - #'s are 98 38086 and underneath 1642(date code?) either way not OE for 71 anyway, but fit perfect - will have to give a call to Glen Ray I guess to see if repairable and worth it to hold for stock - btw - the Ready Aire # on box is 39 9109 with corresponding NAPA # 3090, Stant # 90109, Murray # 279204, Everco #2248 also on box - measurements 8 7/8 x 7 x 2 - like I said fit like doodoo - but made it fit - fyi if it helps

Last edited by shakerjoe; 06/23/13 08:48 PM.