hope u guy can help I put together a nos 440 shot block 1978 vintage that had no crank, I had a cast crank so I turned it 10 10 and put it in. I ran it for a while maybe a half hour and took it for a spin
oil pressure slowly degraded down to 0 at a idle then got main bearing knock
after finding a lot of crap in the oil I pulled the motor and found the 4 and 6 rod and the thrust wiped
not spun no heat color just down to the copper and ground up but I could not find any reason for it.
caught it just in time no crank damage.so I cleaned up the mess thru the block in the dishwasher polished the crank checked all the oil galleys in the block and crank 100 times and everything looked ok. so I put it back together I had 2.5 on the mains and 2 on the rods and 4 on the end play. I fired it back up and had 80lbs cold with 20w 50 and 35 to 40 at a hot idle maxing out at 70 lbs when the revs come up.
then one of the hyd lifters starting hammering away so I got paranoid because the first time I had a loud lifter right out of the gun. so I drained the oil and I found metal again not so bad as before but at the end of the drain and in the filter it looked like silver fence paint.
any ideas? do you think this Christine motor is going south again? I could spin the crank by hand before I put the rods in, real easy and smooth, after I loaded the pistons in I could spin the motor with my finger on the wrench real nice.no oil galleys were blocked I put my brush in from on end to the other on every one and blew them out with air.all the oil galley plugs are in no leaks I used good assy lube and I primed the motor with a drill both times and I spun the motor over with the starter and no plugs before I started it until the oil came up.

Last edited by BIGSTROKER; 12/03/12 08:30 PM.