Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PLEASE TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!AND HURRY MY FINGERS ARE SORE FROM SHOUTING AND USING EXCLAMATIONS!!!!!!!
BTW I don't think 540Challenger was saying you can't go over 600 HP with an aluminum block, it's that the LS guys prefer to use an iron block when the HP gets high cause the bores don't balloon as much and lose ring seal, I've read that in a couple of places

Correct However the LS7 is a different animal then the much more common LS1,LS2 and LS3, engines it's sleeves are extra thick to run boost or higher HP levels OF courese dwayne welder!!!!! knows this already must GM boys don't run the LS7 They run the more common LS series engines. But there is a reason GM came out with the LSX block. Which is something we lack a cheap aftermarket/factory block on the LSX Level.

Really? Last I checked (last week) an R3 P4876673AD could be had new for $2300. Max Bore 4.220-4.250 and 4.250 stroke.

LSx block is $2500.

Only heads that LS has that can keep up with (actually pass) a good set of W9's or W9-RP is the Mozez heads at $2500/ea Bare. I paid that much for my RP's fully set-up, and $900/pr for my Bare W9's from Mopar.

Not exactly cheaper from my calculations.

The W9 head in the long run will cost way more then a LS head once you factory in all the exotic hardware to follow.

I was talking of the LSX block comapres to the new hemi

2500 is a lot cheaper then a 4000 Alum gen3 block

Now imagine if Fiat comes out with a 6.2 that is as strong as a LSX.
Lets face it the 6.2 blown engine will be a limited production run.
So IMO kill two birds with one stone make more of thess blocks to offset the cost of the limited production run.
For let say around 2000 to 2300.
I would purchase one!