So I have been methodically working from the rear of my car to the front. While the process is slow, it is really rewarding knowing that I am making my car better as I go forward. I definitely have improved what was really bad. I have a welder, but am far more competent with composites, so I have been using west system epoxy, fiberglass, microballons, POR-15, and vacuum bagging to fix her up. I know that a lot of people frown upon fiberglass, but the bond that west system forms with the por-15 sheet metal is excellent, takes a reasonable amount of time, and looks very clean.

I recently have come across something that appears to be beyond my technical expertise. I guess I would call it the air-box plenum for lack of better terms. This guy is like Swiss cheese. I wonder if Chrysler couldn't have designed a better pool. Anyways, I have about zilch to work with in some areas and no way could I ever vacuum bag in these odd locations. Is there 1) a location that sells one of these guys? or 2) any recommended strategies.

I am thinking about cutting out the entire bottom of the air-box plenum and using the metal as a mold for some fiberglass. I would look to epoxying the fiberglass in with a couple seams of fiberglass.

Well, I will do my best to post pictures shortly.

'73 Charger Petty Blue, Black Vinyl, and Gill Slits 727 torque-flight 400 BB Chrysler 8 3/4 rear