Hi there,

I'm also new to this forum.

I too own a 1966 Dodge Monaco, factory 4 speed car.

Mine is a genuine Canadian car, and therefore has the prerequisite Dodge-badged Plymouth Sport Fury interior and dash. In Canada, there was only the Monaco 500, although it was not called 500, just simply Monaco, and only available as a 2 door hardtop, of convertible, (Canada only). Any lesser full size Dodges were Polaras (440 and 880), again with Plymouth Fury dashes and Fury III interiors.

Mine is also, (much to my good fortune), a genuine 440 car. I have spoken with and have a letter from the original owner, who special ordered the car from a dealership in Calgary Alberta and he told me it's history. A long and interesting story which I won't go into here for now.

It is nicely equipped with power buckets, tilt/tele, tach, rear seat speaker, tint glass, power windows with child safety lock-out switch, power brakes and steering, 3" police brakes all round, (not discs), and a special order dealer installed Chrylser Search Tuner radio and power antenna package. The car was a radio delete car, and the installers simply cut holes right through the delete plate!!

I have also been to visit Murray Park, and Galen has also seen my car at Carlisle. They both confirm to the best of their knowlege, that 66 Monaco production totalled about 10,000 cars in the USA, with four speed cars being about 1/10th of 1% of total, which comes out to 10 cars. That's in the USA. Murray claims that his USA Monaco 500 440 4-speed car is the only one, and that the rest were 383 only cars, as the 440 was in limited production and primarily reserved for installation in Chrylers that year, although many Dodges and Plymouths did get the 440 later on in the year as they became more available.
I've seen Murray's car, and it has a special order placque on the dash for the original owner. Interesting.

Canadian production numbers generally run to about 1/10th of USA totals for any given year. Option breakdowns are more difficult to ascertain, but if we go with 1/10 of 1% for Monaco 4 speed cars, we come up with a total of 1.

I contacted Chrysler Canada, and they can't find records of my car, but also told me that special order car records were not kept, which is in line with the original owner's report that he special ordered the car.

Your car is certainly very rare! You can safely say that it's one of 10, and I can safely say that mine is a 1 of 1. Not many vintage vehicle owners can safely say that!

OK, I'm going to try to post some pics of my car...