Thanks for all the input guys. Sounds like I can make this work, but I don't know if they are tuned to the ultimate performance. I don't have a A/F ratio meter, so I guess it would be hard to do. Though I know how to set the idle using he vacuum meter.

I'm running the Offenhauser intake, which I don't like much because the carbs are spaced so far apart on this manifold compared to others, that I can't use the nice Edelbrock progressive linkage setup because it's too short to reach carb to carb. I'm using the cheapo rod/set-screw stop style. It works, but looks cheap. I have it set up so the secondary carb starts to come in after about 20 degrees of rotation of the primary throttle. Then they both reach full throttle at the same time.

I have read the plugs and they look great (light brown) except for two that look almost brand new (no color or deposits). I haven't looked at them for 800 miles or so (the engine only has a little over 1000 miles on the rebuild), they may be different now. Because of this and the fact that it seems to run well, I assumed that they were pretty close in tune, but maybe not. I will do a little research and see if I can get them closer. I've read the tuning instructions in the Edelbrock manual a few times over and for some reason my brain isn't completely grasping the whole theory of the metering rods and all the functions. The instructions seem a little confusing to me. Maybe I'll call their tech line and see if they can explain in layman's terms.