Quote:

Patience, my friend. Nobody wants this to work more than me. In fact, I've been trying for over 10 years, after Richard O'Malley retired the KOS. I've tried to put together programs with Andy Mayes, Leon Hudson, Dan Dye, Bondo Bob and now the Chopins. All of the events have been met with limited success. It's not just me. Sieveking, Rockingham and others have also had less than stellar participation. That said, we are all in the same boat with vacation time, fuel costs, family obligations and repairs on the race cars. These issues are unaffected by a huge purse. Post high, no one shows, the purse gets cut; bad deal all around.

Anyway, yes, there will be a cash payout. It will grow based on participation. I'm waiting on a few things, which will be in place by Monday. I'll have all the details here next week, as well as on my website (www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com)and on facebook (Chrysler Power Classic.)

Jeff has supported this program for many years and has stuck with it even with the 5-10 car count over the past years. Its a tough deal when you spend a lot of time on this and cars do not show. The names that Jeff drops in his post are not only racers but big fans of this style of racing that have spent time and their own money at trying to make this thing go over the years. We spent some time last year trying to get a good purse together for you guys and the lack of car count hurt. But the purse was still paid out in full as always with Jeffs Events.

Thank you for your support over the years Jeff and Doug
CHOPIN FAMILY RACING