Mornin' Gents. I'm having a friendly discussion with some other mopar peeps about correct finishes on a few parts and I'd like some more input:

Leaf Springs: For 69, I know they were painted black. But was the whole spring painted after it was assembled as a unit? In other words, the clamps and insulators get blacked out as well?

Valance brackets: The brackets on the back of 68-70 Chargers that bolt to the rear frame and pass under the valance and provide a mounting point for the rear bumperettes. Are these natural steel or painted black? All the ones I've ever seen off original cars had no traces of any black paint on them. But I know the factory paint was applied pretty thin, so it just may have worn off over time. So black or natural colored?

Pinion Snubber: Black or natural? 8.75", not the Dana. I now the 3rd member was natural, just didn't know if the snubber was black or natural.

Brake Backing Plates (F & R): Black or natural? I have seen both. What's considered correct? I have found several markings on front backing plates (all 11") and have yet to find any remnants of black paint. This includes St. Louis and Hamtramck cars.

Upper Control Arms: Black or Natural?

I know there were differences from plant to plant and it's not an exact science, but from what I've asked what is acceptable on judging? Is there a plating/finish guide out there somewhere? I have one that's pretty old, and it jumps around so much it's hard to follow so I want to make sure I'm understanding what they say correctly. Thanks!

Cheers