Quote:

I have not used the #437s "header plugs" but I have been using the Accel "shorty" plugs (576s)on my 440 with Hedman headers for the past 35K miles and have not had any problems. The Summit part number is ACC-0576S.

The real reason that I ask is that I am replacing my old rusty set of late 1970s headers with the new set of TTI headers. I was always fighting with spark plugs and spark plug leads to get them to work with the old headers. I sometimes had to get two sets of spark plug wires to get a complete set so that a boot would not melt up against one of the header primary tubes.

I just want a good plug to work with my 906 heads and TTI headers.

The theme of my build was just to get my 440 running after many years of storage. The car was stored because the engine was locked up. When I pulled the motor apart, I found spun main bearings, 2 bent connecting rods and trashed crank shaft. I could have had my crank repaired, but for just a few bucks more, I could get a new forged crank. I figured, why not just build a stroker. Better rod ratio, maybe a little more torque, I was going to replace the pistons anyway along with most of the rotating assembly. The only thing was I wanted to end up with a good driveable engine. I do not need super high performance spark plugs. I just want ones that will start my car every time.
I will be running 9-9.5 compression in the 512 stroker, auto trans.
I will probably never see more than 5000-5500 RPM

I am not hell bent on the Accel but I can pick them up at the o'riellys just down the street.

(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O) 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6 {||O||} 2000 Yamaha V-Max (O O [========= SRT] O O) 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 . Making as big as a carbon footprint as I can!!!