Quote:

My turbos are .85 A/R turbines with P trim wheels. They have 60-1 compressors. There is boost available from ~2200 RPM. When I was in the planning/building stages of my setup, I could find very little information on turbine side selection. I went with the hybrids on the recomendation of a friend who was playing with GM F-bodies. His rationale was the Buick GN housing is a three bolt flange with a round inducer as opposed to the four bolt rectangular flange of the T4. The idea was that fabrication would be easier. Now that my build is complete, suddenly I have seen a variety of information on turbine selection. Ultimately, I tend to agree with the other people who have posted on this thread. I know there is a lot of potential even in my mild combination available with a better turbo selection. In the end though, I have a 700+ RWHP street car. I am not convinced the hassle of re-addressing and rebuilding would be useable on the street or really worth my time.

A 60-1 P-Trim will easily support 500+ HP on one turbo. Would probably still spool fast with two. These could be converted to GN housings but would be better with the T-4 flange.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.