Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts E Body
03/20/19 02:24 AM
Looking for a nice set of original white 1970-74 'cuda door panels. No chalking.
60 8,998 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/20/19 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by AndyF
I know you cheated. I saw a second grader sitting at your computer earlier.

On a somewhat related note, I've dyno tested two 500 inch Mopar big blocks this week with Trick Flow 240 heads and hyd roller cams. Both engines required a bunch of fuel and timing at cruise to keep from burning up the exhaust. The big problem was right around 2000 rpm with a slight load. Roughly equal to driving down a flat freeway at 70 mph. The tune file that was working in my Coronet last summer would not work in either of these engines. The EGTs would go skyhigh and the engine would shut down. We ended up adding a bunch of timing (35 to 40 degrees) and adding some fuel and then they were happy.

I do not know what is going on but I suspect it has to do with how well the Trick Flow 240 heads flow at low lift. Perhaps the intake charge is getting sucked into the exhaust or something like that. Anyway, just keep an eye on your engine if you are out cruising on the freeway. Your carb might fat enough already but I really doubt you have much ignition advance at 2000 rpm since you don't have vacuum advance on that MSD. So you are probably running low to mid 30's and you don't have any way to get more advance than that.

would spreading the LSA on the cam help with that cruise quirk??
97 7,344 Read More
03/20/19 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by TonyS451
Originally Posted by AndyF
Just upload to YouTube and then copy the link here and it will work. Have some 8 year old kid in the neighborhood show you how to upload to YouTube!

Ok turns out I'm as smart as an 8 year old smile . Here's a little comparo of the 2 combos.

505 w TF 240s and comp 248@.050 solid ft
https://youtu.be/YaUWBji1674

505 w stealths and comp xe 284 240@.050 hydraulic ft
https://youtu.be/6bj5dsdibzI

i think the tf240 with the solid cam sounds better...
97 7,344 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Yeah - you nailed it. Our new MI. governor wants to basically triple our already sky-high gas taxes. And it WON'T go to fixing the roads either - it'll go into a 'slush' fund of some sort.

Just noticed all the stations by me 87 octane is $2.79. Don't let a good refinery fire go to waste...

https://wbckfm.com/governor-whitmers-proposed-gas-tax-hike-questions-answered/
Q: Didn’t lawmakers already fix the road funding problem in 2015?

A: No. Estimates at the time were that the roads needed at least $2 billion per year in an ongoing cash infusion. The final package was $1.2 billion, and ramped up gradually – actually, the full $1.2 billion doesn’t kick in until 2021.

Q: Would all of the money raised under this proposal go to roads?

A: Yes, but it displaces other road money -- in fact, that 2015 road funding money we just talked about. About half of the 2015 road funding increase is from hikes in vehicle registration fees and the gas tax and about half comes from the General Fund, the discretionary pot of money lawmakers appropriate in the budget every year.

Whitmer’s plan is $2.5 billion in new road revenue, but it doesn’t layer on top of the previous $1.2 billion. Instead, it diverts the general fund portion of the last road increase plan, about $500 million this year, into higher education. That lets the governor backfill higher education funding and keep those dollars with the School Aid Fund that goes toward K-12 and community colleges.

It looks like money from general is going towards the road, and the new gas taxes would backfill that, and let it go to other things. Not the other way around. Unless you have more hard facts, and not assumptions. frog
28 645 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
03/20/19 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
[quote=4406bbl]Plates are fine,

Front plate #34
Idle feed .036
Main jet .089-.089

Rear plate #35
Idle feed .036
Main jet .086 right .093 left

Kill bleeds .043

Idle air bleeds .055

High speed bleed.038

Throttle blade hole.078

This is what I found on 3 stock 1970 440 setups, 69s are not the same, 340 is not the same The mopar performance #34, #35 plates match this, some later plates did not match for me, had smaller jets. If this is wrong hopefully someone will correct.

Some have said their promax plates had bigger idle feeds so check to be sure. Match a stock 34 and 35 plate to start.

You seem very knowledgeable about the plates. Do you know what the sizes are on the 340 plates? I had heard that BLP makes the plates and blocks for Pro max true?

Sorry I do not know much, just wish those that do know would post the exact stock orifice sizes for the 340 and 440 setup, that way a person would know what they have. It gets a little old seeing people post, oh just return it all to stock size and start there, what is truly stock size? I am pretty sure my 440 specs are correct as I have not been corrected, usually if you post something wrong here you will find out fast. The #34 and #35 plates that you buy from holley now are wrong, or the catalog specs are wrongfor a 6bbl. For the 340 I have little info, #41 plates, .067 kill bleeds. Holley catalog says #41 plate is .033 idle bleed, and .070 main jet....I doubt thats correct for a 6bbl. I sold the 340 stuff off years ago, if I had one I would tear it down and give you the info. Maybe someone that has a 340 that runs right could post what they have next time it is apart.

I believe some of my Holley catalogues have the specs for the metering plates. I'll dig them out tomorrow and see what I find.
12 734 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Hall
A bad design? Is it as simple as flicking a switch and flying the airplane?

Yes? A single bad sensor shouldn't lead to something like this.

Also more importantly, pilots were never told (via Boeing) about the new feature and how it works.

Reading post from a pilot on a different forum, usually when the rear stabilizer runs away, it's continuous. So it's easy to identify the problem and turn off the switches, but even then, pulling back on the stick would override it.

With MCAS, it would activate for 10 seconds, then turn off for 5, then repeat. If the pilots don't link the intermittent MCAS to the continuous runaway like they were trained for, they're going to have issues. And being right after take off, they don't have a lot of elevation to work with.

I can see how they would think something like 'Last time it stopped when I did this, so I'm going to keep doing that.' Even though whatever they may have been doing was ineffective.
34 1,167 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 01:58 AM
A bad design? Is it as simple as flicking a switch and flying the airplane?
34 1,167 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
03/20/19 01:58 AM
Hello to all,

Below is a link to a friend's auction for his 2006 Charger Daytona.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Dodge-Charger-R-T-Daytona/192860496854?

It's a great car. I wanted to let everyone here know about it in case there's someone who would be interested. The car is in central Massachusetts.

Regards,
Paul
0 72 Read More
Transport Services Wanted/Offered
03/20/19 01:52 AM
I'm in New Zealand, do you have a price in mind
3 37 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by ragtopdodge
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by ragtopdodge
Much cheaper alternative:

clone

Apples to oranges... eyes

Umm...really? Challenger convertible with Hemi is a completely different fruit?

Don't think so. It's basically a red delicious vs a honey crisp.

I'll also backup - apples to oranges.
20 485 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/20/19 01:48 AM
Never used their stuff.

I always grabbed one out of a Diplomat, just match the rear drum sizing.
35 1,306 Read More
03/20/19 01:46 AM
I know what you're getting at because I have the same setup and every time I wash the car I have to wash the engine compartment as there is hints of oil in the dirt. It doesn't just wipe off. Is that a hemi A;body? Sweet!
5 93 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 01:45 AM
34 1,167 Read More
03/20/19 01:44 AM
97 was the 1st year for the non-return line on the efi. If you use the fuel return pump, it creates too much pressure on the non-return system. To reduce the pressure requires adding a regulator with a pressure return line. Gene
10 156 Read More
03/20/19 01:41 AM
I know you cheated. I saw a second grader sitting at your computer earlier.

On a somewhat related note, I've dyno tested two 500 inch Mopar big blocks this week with Trick Flow 240 heads and hyd roller cams. Both engines required a bunch of fuel and timing at cruise to keep from burning up the exhaust. The big problem was right around 2000 rpm with a slight load. Roughly equal to driving down a flat freeway at 70 mph. The tune file that was working in my Coronet last summer would not work in either of these engines. The EGTs would go skyhigh and the engine would shut down. We ended up adding a bunch of timing (35 to 40 degrees) and adding some fuel and then they were happy.

I do not know what is going on but I suspect it has to do with how well the Trick Flow 240 heads flow at low lift. Perhaps the intake charge is getting sucked into the exhaust or something like that. Anyway, just keep an eye on your engine if you are out cruising on the freeway. Your carb might fat enough already but I really doubt you have much ignition advance at 2000 rpm since you don't have vacuum advance on that MSD. So you are probably running low to mid 30's and you don't have any way to get more advance than that.
97 7,344 Read More
03/20/19 01:41 AM
After warming up the 273 in a ‘67 Barracuda it wants to bog down real bad with a quick opening of the throttle. Tried moving the timing but no real difference. Tried moving the accelerator pump with no real difference. What does seem to make a difference is to partially close the choke valve. When blipping the throttle there looks like a ton of fuel going in and that little engine sucks a lot of air. This engine sat for many years without starting. Carb is rebuilt. We can’t tell if it is getting too much air, or fuel or both.
0 20 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 01:40 AM
Talk to him?
2 69 Read More
03/20/19 01:39 AM
I have the Summit brand cast valve covers with RAS shafts and holdowns on Indy EZ heads and they fit with some slight trimming and enlarging the holes
Gus beer
17 458 Read More
03/20/19 01:37 AM
Are the inline tube portioning valves any good? I ended up orderin one form them.
35 1,306 Read More
03/20/19 01:34 AM
You'll need to remove one of the breathers and replace it with a PCV. If those breathers mount on tubes then you'll need to fabricate a plug to go in the tube so the PCV has a place to mount. You can use a Ford FE screw in type PCV for a custom application like that.
5 93 Read More
03/20/19 01:32 AM
that beast would take some getting used to
4 114 Read More
03/20/19 01:31 AM
What is the correct hardware from the carburetor stud on up to mount the base plate and air filter assy to the carburetor..I never really had the correct stuff..just got away with a threaded rod and 2 wing nuts
0 18 Read More
03/20/19 01:28 AM
std setup would be a PCV in one valve cover (plumbed to carb base) & a breather in the other valve cover. Not sure which one would be the best (flow amt) for your app & that is new area for me & I'm sure would depend on the cam etc but there is a pic/info of an adjustable one ($$$$$) on page 3 in Q&A. I would Google it also
5 93 Read More
Moparts General
03/20/19 01:24 AM
The grass is always greener...
31 639 Read More
03/20/19 01:23 AM
No donor grille plastic needed. With time, patience & some creativity missing bits can be made from scratch.

More details with photos at http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=4298.0
4 57 Read More
Page 2 of 101 1 2 3 4 100 101
Advertisement
Forum Statistics
Forums32
Topics193,778
Posts2,261,350
Members25,797
Most Online1,424
Jun 20th, 2018
Moparts Newest Topics
1966 Plymouth Belvedere Dash Frame