Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts General
03/24/19 10:39 PM
When I started working for Rockwell in 1983 the systems I was maintaining were built around redundant 11/34s w/ VRC drums and Cipher tape drives. By the 90s it was 11/84s and MegRams. Kept a 4mb disk platter as a wall hanger - about 14" across and probably cost more (just the platter) than any top of the line server today.

Thankfully, most of the TTYs had been replaced by the time I got there but every once in a while I had to call Western Union to come do surgery on one. Biggest electro mechanical nightmare I've ever seen but those old timers could take em apart blind folded.
6 346 Read More
Moparts General
03/24/19 10:37 PM
I picked up this 12X12 sign face recently and figured I might be able to find a used/vintage sign that I could use for parts. That size is turning out to be unusual for either vintage or new lighted sign cabinets. I will keep looking but I am also looking into having something made. Any suggestions for a source for a making quality metal sign box? I can do all the lighting components myself.

Thanks!
2 26 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/24/19 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by radar
Pic says it all 😎

This picture says, Beware, wild man ahead whistling devil grin
55 2,226 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/24/19 10:33 PM
Passon OD is cheaper than a Gearvendors and everything bolts in (driveshaft etc.).
7 118 Read More
03/24/19 10:33 PM
I made my own on the first one, I knock all the center porcylen and center electrode out of the spark plug and inserted a long 5/16( I think that was the size) bolt with a nut on the cylinder side to lock and hold the bolt into plug body and used it as my first piston stop with the head on.
You can buy them from most any tool truck, they are usually brass or bronze mix also which is good up scope
one of the ones I've bought had a small hole in the center to relive the pressure when moving the piston up towards TDC, I think it whistle also confused
1 64 Read More
03/24/19 10:32 PM
I just finished dyno testing a new stroker engine for my Coronet. I used the retrofit lifters from Gaterman along with a custom Comp cam that Dwayne put together for me. I also used the conical springs from Comp and high quality 1.50 rocker arms. The engine was very quiet and pulled hard to 6000 rpm. It is a pump gas street engine and it made 610 hp and 630 ft-lbs of torque. Based on this experience I'm going to go with the Gaterman lifters for future builds.
9 120 Read More
03/24/19 10:27 PM
Sounds like you have some poor connections, maybe it is time to remove, clean and make sure all the connection are good, especially on the grounds up
I use two # 2 cable grounds in the trunk off of the battery and multiple #4 grounds from the frame to the motor also up scope
you need to keep in mind that all current, voltage and amperage, comes out of the negative side of ALL batteries and is returned through the positive side shruggy
The only time current flows form positive to negative is in the battery scope
35 1,290 Read More
03/24/19 10:26 PM
Sucks Carp crashed, I really like his car and at least from the show he seems like a good dude.
14 974 Read More
03/24/19 10:24 PM
Pig...the other white meat. Bring back porky. I like the name better than boring old BradH. Hohum.

You know, I'm going to other web sites and I'm going to use porky pig as my screen name and you'll get blamed. Just letting you know up front.
17 326 Read More
03/24/19 10:23 PM
Now that I have our new 1973 Charger up and running I can refocus my attention on getting my Demon up and running again. After it’s running again I’m gonna start a list of things to complete and find more weight to lose.
3,437 3,154,798 Read More
03/24/19 10:23 PM
I don;t have issues like some with hyd stuff making a racket. Its not the lifters,its the lobes! IMO .They are rpm limited but with the right parts they are ok for street builds. I stay away from anything very "extreme" and use Bullet cams.
9 120 Read More
Moparts General
03/24/19 10:16 PM
I just dropped off my wife’s original owner 2001 Pontiac Sunfire at this place on Friday

They had some crazy machines there when I drove in , and it was right next to the railroad tracks , just a dirty dusty mess

https://www.altertrading.com/locations/13

They called it a wet car , if I drove it there , had a working motor / transmission , battery , four tires , and converter

They weighed the car , asked for a clean title

Hell the drivetrain was flawless with 300,000 miles on it , factory clutch , motor and transmission was basically never touched

However I was very excited to get it there in one piece without the engine falling out or the front/rear suspension caving in or falling apart

The car was so thin in areas on the subframe as far as rust I was poking my fingers through

They gave me $325.00
9 311 Read More
03/24/19 10:12 PM
We went to JJ’s race in Miss this weekend. What a blast it was. We were only there on Friday. I haven’t seen a video yet, but Carp crashed and rolled bad on Sat. He’s ok from what I read.

Dennis
14 974 Read More
03/24/19 10:10 PM
The metropolis would have to spread a long way for this track to threaten it. It’s one neighbor with money. He managed to stop them for two years but a judge ruled in the tracks favor and they opened last fall. He must have found another angle to get them [censored] down again.

Dennis
11 427 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
03/24/19 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Mike- Eagle is the 2009 & later 5.7. Different heads and VVT are the main differences vs the early 5.7s
The bolt patterns are all the same but the early 5.7L heads (03-08) are there own entity and have a narrow but tall port and the eagle,6.1L,6.2L,6.4L heads all have the same port window and are wide and short.
Also if you plan on using the MSD ignition controller they only work with the early reluctor wheels unless MSD has upgraded.

OK better understood Thank You....the plan is for a "dumbed down" HEMI (flame suit on!) Gen 3 running dual quads and a distributor/single plug per cylimder, no computer/MSD/VVT, etc, etc mated to a 6 spd T56, I'm probably stuck going with an early 5.7 engine but I'm weighing my options going with 6.1-6.4 and trying to learn whats doable before I invest in an engine

Thanks
Mike
5 126 Read More
03/24/19 10:04 PM
You're in good company, Brad. UnLawfl himself set up an alternate identity here on Moparts to mess with the F.A.S.T. Mopar racers. He claimed to have a Nova that would squash us all. Later, he told me about it over beer and a campfire at Norwalk, and we had a good laugh.
17 326 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
03/24/19 10:03 PM
Does it have 2 piece rotors?
7 251 Read More
03/24/19 09:59 PM
It was a beautiful day today, decided to take the Charger out for a cruise. It would hardly run, ran really poorly, refused to idle and was sluggish to accelerate, even backfired a couple of times. Once up to speed it smoothed out fine. It had a 1/2 tank of gas when it was parked and I used Startron Gas conditioner. Today I filled the tank with fresh fuel, hopefully it will get better as I drive the old gas out.
1 37 Read More
03/24/19 09:56 PM
How about keeping your factory trans and adding a Gear Vendors?
7 118 Read More
Moparts General
03/24/19 09:55 PM
Great post ! When I wanted to buy a 92 D150 there were none in stock in my area like I wanted, regular cab, short bed , 2WD, 5.2 ,automatic. I ended up ordering it Presidents Day 1992, and took delivery April !st 1992. it has a rubber floor ( no carpeting) and roll up windows. but does have A/C I can't believe I`ve had it 27 years! it is pampered however, garage kept, no rain , snow or salty roads. I was considering maybe getting a new Ram ,( keeping the 92) same thing, regular cab, short bed but with 4WD now I hear they no longer make them. only quad or four door cab. My friend has a 2014 GMC , short bed , regular cab, 4WD, ( nice truck for a nonMopar) he is considering a new one also but GM doesn't make them anymore either.
38 631 Read More
03/24/19 09:55 PM
Okay, one more electrical gremlin.When I turn the key to the right (on) position I hear a rather noisy motor running, which turns out to br the windshield wiper motor. Obviously there must be a short somewhere, but with my limited electrical knowledge I need help on what to do now. Thank you for any advice! P.S. the car is a 69 roadrunner.
1 22 Read More
03/24/19 09:36 PM
New stuff still available.45.00 if I remember right
2 144 Read More
Moparts General
03/24/19 09:32 PM
Junk cars are crushed so they can be easily transported to shredders.
9 311 Read More
03/24/19 09:28 PM
It looks like a decent air cleaner , other than that, I really don't see much there that is usable .

Greg
9 226 Read More
03/24/19 09:27 PM
This is part of the difficulty we encounter when trying to help troubleshoot something online. We don't always know exactly what has or hasn't been done on the other end. beer
13 179 Read More
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Advertisement
Forum Statistics
Forums32
Topics193,529
Posts2,260,011
Members25,805
Most Online1,424
Jun 20th, 2018
Moparts Newest Topics
Who built this race car.