I have a 99 Ram 1500, auto, 4x4, 5.9 gas that's giving me code P1389 and won't start on it's own. If I shoot a little carb cleaner in the air cleaner it will start and run just fine and I can even drive it. If I turn the engine off it will not restart without a shot of carb cleaner.

While it's running the A/C compressor clutch cycles on and off in about 10 second intervals even with the A/C turned off. The transmission also feels terrible like it's slipping when I take off from a complete stop.

My son was driving the truck and said the O/D off light cam on on the dash but wouldn't go off when he pushed the button on the end of the shifter. When he got home he turned the truck of and tried to restart it but it would not restart.

After getting the code P1389 read I replaced the factory ASD relay Siemens part # 72472M with a new Import Direct part #25-0136 but the truck still won't start on it's own. I have now removed the new relay and disconnected the negative battery cable to reset the ECU.... Does anybody have any Ideas of what to check next ?