Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2513708 - 06/26/18 09:18 PM Re: 71 roadrunner [Re: Mr T2U]
Butterscotch71 Offline
Lost Title

Loc: home of the Buckeyes
Originally Posted By Mr T2U
Originally Posted By cudascooter
I love the 71-72 Roadrunners. However, I would not buy that one because of the customization / wheels / seats / and automatic.

OEM repo wheels were included in the sale.
the original black trim panels were also included with the sale.
original restored seat tracks were also included in the sale.
you would have to buy seat covers and the customization is now removed.
from what i have heard, the guy who purchased it removed the hemi & built trans, went thru the motor and re installed the stock drivetrain and sold it to someone in Europe.

look at the triple black hemi GTX in the welborn post. Concours resto 1 of 1 built hemi 4 speed N96 car with full documentation and the car didn't hit $100K.
if that were a e body it would hit $200K+ easy and a 71 B body is almost the same car from the back of the front seats forward.

i will rephrase my they get no love to they are nice cars but they aren't worth much.

when done the original linked car would be hard pressed to sell for over mid to high $20's when done. unless you can do almost all of the work yourself you will be upside down in that car when you are done.

Yes, but the black car has changed hands a couple times in the last few years for well over $100K

#2513805 - 06/27/18 08:16 AM Re: 71 roadrunner [Re: Butterscotch71]
6PACKB Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Waterford MI
Originally Posted By Butterscotch71
I love the 71-72 Roadrunners. However, I would not buy that one because of the customization / wheels / seats / and automatic.

from what i have heard, the guy who purchased it removed the hemi & built trans, went thru the motor and re installed the stock drivetrain and sold it to someone in Europe.

look at the triple black hemi GTX in the welborn post. Concours resto 1 of 1 built hemi 4 speed N96 car with full documentation and the car didn't hit $100K.
if that were a e body it would hit $200K+ easy and a 71 B body is almost the same car from the back of the front seats forward.

i will rephrase my they get no love to they are nice cars but they aren't worth much.

when done the original linked car would be hard pressed to sell for over mid to high $20's when done. unless you can do almost all of the work yourself you will be upside down in that car when you are done.

Yes, but the black car has changed hands a couple times in the last few years for well over $100K

Just once to my knowledge

#2513920 - 06/27/18 12:15 PM Re: 71 roadrunner [Re: 6PACKB]
Butterscotch71 Offline
Lost Title

Loc: home of the Buckeyes
Originally Posted By 6PACKB
Originally Posted By Butterscotch71

Just once to my knowledge

Did Jimmy get it for less than 100K?

#2514288 - 06/28/18 05:53 AM Re: 71 roadrunner [Re: CARMAN]
fc7_plumcrazy Offline
master

Loc: Germany
the ad for the orange 71 RR is still up?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Advertisement
Forum Stats
25,489 Registered Members
32 Forums
193,055 Topics
2,253,583 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Today's Route 66 Car Show pics Springfield, IL
by FM3AAR
09/23/18 12:47 AM