03/27/18 02:02 AM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Originally Posted By Moparmaniacc
The gas is pouring from between the float setter hex and the adjusting screw, but - that's just the path of least resistance. The real problem is the bowl is too full of gas - no matter how much I adjust the float it doesn't make any difference.
If I open the secondary sight screw it pours out there too.
My best guess at this point is gas is pouring out a small hole in the gasket between the secondary metering block and the metering plate that screws to the block. My other theory is that one of the screws (not a hex screw, not like any screw I've ever seen) that holds the metering
plate was loose, and gas is seeping past that screw.
Either a bad gasket or a loose screw would render float adjustment useless, right?
I gotta wait to find out if I'm right, 'cuz I couldn't take the gasket off in one piece, and had to order another one.
Bigcar, you may be right, but remember I swapped in a whole new secondary bowl including the needle valve and the seat, so that would mean I had two bad needle and seats....not impossible, but not likely either.

Like said above,if both gaskets,the one between the hex and the bowl and the one between the adjusting screw and hex are good,it can't leak there unless the threads are striped in the bowl.It would come right out the top of the needle/seat assembly before it ever got into the bowl,straight through the fuel inlet and out the top.

Re: Holley float adjustment [Re: Moparmaniacc] #2472687
03/27/18 11:45 AM
03/27/18 11:45 AM
Northern Virginia
Moparmaniacc Offline OP
super stock
Moparmaniacc  Offline OP
super stock

Northern Virginia
Thanks 62maxwgn, I ordered the gaskets, I get what you're saying.
But if the bowls are supposed to be in parallel like dogdays says, then why is the secondary bowl overflowing through the sight hole, even if I adjust the float real low, almost sitting on the bottom?

Last edited by Moparmaniacc; 03/27/18 11:47 AM.
Re: Holley float adjustment [Re: Moparmaniacc] #2475691
04/01/18 11:59 PM
04/01/18 11:59 PM
Oly Wash
racerlall Offline
racerlall  Offline

Oly Wash
maybe thees an issue with the front bowl thats flooding the rear

Page 2 of 2 1 2