Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Paint Chrysler Torquoise Any used [Re: topside] #2686880
08/12/19 01:14 PM
08/12/19 01:14 PM
CT
GTX MATT Offline
master
GTX MATT  Offline
master

CT
Update for anyone interested -

EDIT; I have to update my prior statement; The Mopar Performance stuff changes color drastically when it cures. It looks like the Duplicolor Detroit Diesel when wet and when it flashes dry, but after a few hours its almost an exact match for the Mancini paint. It looks like the Mancini stuff is right.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 08/14/19 01:33 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Re: Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Paint Chrysler Torquoise Any used [Re: GTX MATT] #2686886
08/12/19 01:23 PM
08/12/19 01:23 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I inherited a case of the older Mopar Performance paint, I have no idea how correct it really is but it came out okay.

I didn't care whether it was correct or not, "any shade of mopar blue" would have been all right with me.

Besides this 440, I also painted a 5.7 hemi with it, and that really looks different to say the least (I like it anyway).

440mule2.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Paint Chrysler Torquoise Any used [Re: Triggerfish] #2687424
08/13/19 08:25 PM
08/13/19 08:25 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever
Bill Hirsch on my old Satellite.

Hirsh's green looks a lot closer to the orig color of my 64 Belvedere's 383. I tried Duplicolor Chrysler green & its too blue. (you can see the thermostat cover I sprayed with it doesn't match.)
Tried VHT early Chrysler blue & no close match there. Think I'll give Frank Badalson a call as his paints seem to be good matches. Could have my valve cover scanned & paint matched locally, but a can of mixed spray paint is about $70.

I believe yellowfever and triggerfish's colors are both correct depending on year, model and application.

Re: Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Paint Chrysler Torquoise Any used [Re: GTX MATT] #2687708
08/14/19 01:33 PM
08/14/19 01:33 PM
CT
GTX MATT Offline
master
GTX MATT  Offline
master

CT
Originally Posted by GTX MATT
Update for anyone interested -

I bought the Mancini paint. Its really pretty, but its not the right color.

A friend stopped by with an old can (1989) of Turquoise Mopar Performance Paint. This paint is the color that looks correct to me. Maybe I'm biased on what I've seen over the years, I wasn't there when the cars were new. So I can't say for sure that the stuff Mopar Performance was pedaling in the 80s was right or not. I just know its much better than what they sell now, which is clearly wrong. It also looks like the color I've seen on all of the original stuff I've owned, accounting for some variances with age/heat.

I found a can of Duplicolor Alpine Green at a local parts store. It is a dead match for the 80s vintage Mopar Performance paint.

I have to update my prior statement; The Mopar Performance stuff changes color drastically when it cures. It looks like the Duplicolor Detroit Diesel when wet and when it flashes dry, but after a few hours its almost an exact match for the Mancini paint. It looks like the Mancini stuff is right.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Page 2 of 2 1 2