Originally Posted By rrbrucea
Originally Posted By Rhinodart
At least the new 2500's still have a column shift! boogie

Ya know, I really like my '14, but the dang dial-a-gear shifter on it is for the freakin' birds!

Mine is just a 2-wheel-drive, and recently here in NC we had a 10" snowfall. Yes seriously. Luckily it happened over a weekend, and the roads to and from work were pretty clear by Monday. So I drove it to work, actually drove to pick up a coworker and bring him in, worked a fairly full day, then took him home, drove home and promptly got the truck stuck in my own driveway!

I grew up in Iowa, I learned early about rocking a car back in forth in the snow to get it unstuck. Just TRY doing that with a dial-a-gear! You can't! And when you try, the stupid thing will talk to you—"you shifted too quickly to change gears". Insane, dang computer controlled s**t! mad

Wait until you get in a "panic" situation like doing a U-turn on a busy road only to find you can't cut it enough, then you quickly need to find reverse, then drive again (Y-turn). GOOD LUCK! I guarantee you, you will not find the selection you need when in a situation like this! Happened to me & that was the day I learned right then I HATED the dial-a-gear.
“Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce. They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character.” (Antonin Scalia)