Moparts

a little faster

Posted By: Doc Schwarz

a little faster - 10/23/23 03:24 PM

What can I do to get 2tenths faster. Scat Pack stock and still under warranty.
Have a set of drag radials, just need to go a little faster.
Thanks
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: a little faster - 10/23/23 04:11 PM

whats a little faster, what does it run now?

For every 100lbs removed is a tenth.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: a little faster - 10/23/23 06:14 PM

This is what I call The Scat Pack Dilemma wink

They come pretty well sorted out from the factory, to the point where there are no simple warranty-legal mods that make much -- if any -- of an improvement.

Once out of warranty (mine's not and won't be for another 14 months) you can explore PCM tunes, etc. But even those aren't a guaranteed .2, especially for an "off the shelf" (safe) tune. Seems like by the time you get the custom tune and the hardware / software to make the change, you're dropping $800-1000 for a fairly small improvement IMO.

Like mentioned above, you can look for ways to remove weight... some "free" (pull passenger and rear seats), and some not ($$$ lightweight battery), to drop of few lbs and help the ET & MPH. If I let my oldest son drive, instead of me, that would be close to an 80 lb difference right there. laugh2

I won't deny that I've considered a small N2O kit to push my car into the 11s consistently year around, rather than only in more ideal spring & fall weather conditions. But it's also my daily driver, so going that direction will be a tough decision to make.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: a little faster - 10/24/23 06:03 PM

What Scat do you have, Doc?

I ended up with one too. Mines a ‘16 Plum Crazy Charger.

It’s been a long time. I’m going to try to get up to Mich for a couple of races next year.

Dennis
Posted By: BDW

Re: a little faster - 10/25/23 12:08 AM

As said above, I think weight reduction is best option, without voiding warranty.
Anyone go with a CF driveshaft?

These cars are HEAVY, seats, battery, driveshaft, maybe drop 150lbs, but would probably cost $2k

Edit: Did a little searching and I wouldn't bother with a DS, looks like $1500-$2000 for only 10 or 15lbs savings.
Surprisingly hard to find the weights on these.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: a little faster - 10/25/23 02:45 PM

just removing the rear seat and all the seat belts you lose 60 pounds. if you add back in the rear seat delete package you add 11 pounds back to car so lets call the rear seat 50 pounds with the swap. front seat is another 50 pounds my guess if its power.

so just front and rear seat is 100 pounds and that's one tenth. for street you can just reinstall the parts.

Some guys have gone to extreme and taken out everything but the dash and front seat. it's not cool in my book but what are you chasing? just two tenths. I would just take the things out that can be put back in with an hour or so of your time before and after track time.

my advice on this, having a 1320.
look at the car as a whole, remove everything that isn't hard to remove. scale everything see where you are at. if you can stand to take the car to the track with everything removed go have fun. just be careful of the air bags and your dash will have a lot of warning lights going on and off.
Posted By: CSK

Re: a little faster - 10/25/23 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Schwarz
Thanks

So what does the car run now, & race weight ?

Re: a little faster - 11/04/23 01:15 PM

Right now 12.25. Not sure on the weight, but maybe 4700.
Posted By: CSK

Re: a little faster - 11/04/23 04:58 PM

Right now 12.25. Not sure on the weight, but maybe 4700.

My Stock 2020 T/A 392 with Drag Radials my very 1st pass & fastest was 11.79@ 114.5 4445lb with me , maybe the T/A's awesome cold air intake makes a difference, just speculating ???? other T/A's I have seen #'s on seem like they run pretty good #'s
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: a little faster - 11/06/23 06:03 AM

Thanks

Dodge has that dealership program that keeps your warranty. They offer the parts and installation through certain dealerships. POWERBROKER?

Re: a little faster - 12/23/23 02:21 PM

cudaboy. Wife's 2021 Scat Pack. Been going to the NMCA races with her car. So I have to run the number. 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, etc.
Already won the 13 once, now with good tires I'm down to 12.25. I want to beat Rousch's granddaughter. She is always on the
12 number.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: a little faster - 12/27/23 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by 52savoy
Thanks

Dodge has that dealership program that keeps your warranty. They offer the parts and installation through certain dealerships. POWERBROKER?

Dodge never delivered on the long-promised 6.4 L (392) kits that would have fit into that program. The supercharged guys got a number of options, but nothing for the NA Scat Pack / SRT crowd, unfortunately.
© 2024 Moparts Forums