Moparts

Converting to NON MDS

Posted By: dickdale

Converting to NON MDS - 03/27/19 03:25 PM

Has anybody converted his 6.4/392 Hemi to non MDS? I've been reading a few posts about swaps and not using the MDS can lead to engine failure starting in the MDS lifters.

I would like to convert my MDS 6.4/392 Hemi to non MDS by replacing the valve roller lifters. I would like to buy new lifters through rockauto, but don't know which ones to buy.
Posted By: B5 Classic

Re: Converting to NON MDS - 03/27/19 04:49 PM

Just order lifters for the same year (as yours) 392 Challenger 6 speed. The 6 speeds do not come with MDS. You can order the plugs for the same car, to replace the solenoids on the top of the block.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Converting to NON MDS - 03/27/19 04:58 PM

https://www.diablosport.com/shop/dcx-sprint-mds-module.html

Re: Converting to NON MDS - 03/28/19 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by B5 Classic
Just order lifters for the same year (as yours) 392 Challenger 6 speed. The 6 speeds do not come with MDS. You can order the plugs for the same car, to replace the solenoids on the top of the block.

Thx, haven't thought about that one.

Re: Converting to NON MDS - 03/28/19 07:20 AM

Are mopar crate engines, used for swaps, NON MDS engines?
Posted By: B5 Classic

Re: Converting to NON MDS - 03/28/19 11:20 PM

I can't speak for sure about ALL crate engines, but I've seen some of them that came with flywheel, pressure plate and clutch which means no MDS. There are a lot of "crate" engines out there that aren't an official, Mopar Performance crate engine. They're complete, over the parts counter crate engines that spec out for auto trans. I believe the official Mopar Performance crate motors come with the clutch.
© 2024 Moparts Forums