Moparts

cascar intake question

Posted By: Kiddart

cascar intake question - 12/13/18 12:52 AM

I bought a Cascar intake from Prefix(very Nice piece) I have one question. on some of the other intakes they offer a filler neck cover, some of these have a spot to put a breather. since I am not running the factory PCM will I need to add a breather to the oil fill cap they provided?
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: cascar intake question - 12/14/18 02:48 PM

I bought a Cascar intake last month, so I was looking at the same thing.. Thats what Im planning to do, breather at the cap.. Looks like there is no provisions for a MAP sensor also...

Re: cascar intake question - 12/14/18 08:05 PM

for me the map sensor is in my throttle body. I am going to see what happens first before I drill a hole in the cap. the cap with breather is like $240. outrageous

Re: cascar intake question - 12/15/18 05:30 AM

Im just gonna use a breather instead of a cap, like what Joe includes on the OC performance intake .

Re: cascar intake question - 01/17/19 01:22 AM

Ok has anyone any other ideas? Prefix supplied me with a cover plate, no gasket. it could become a pain in the butt adding oil if needed. I have been searching ways to adapt a stock filler to the intake but no such luck. any help and suggestions welcome. keep in mind this intake does not have the threaded boss area that the Ritter and the OC intake has.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: cascar intake question - 01/17/19 05:41 PM

John, sounds like you should start making adapters
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: cascar intake question - 01/19/19 01:18 PM

No experience with Gen3 hemis but i cant realy see that being a big problem,your engine will have a breather somewhere just fill where it is,if you engine is totaly sealed and dont have a breather then just take of a valvecover and add oil that way.
It cant be a huge isue unless your engine uses alot of oil and in that case you have a much bigger isue at hand than how to add more oil.

Re: cascar intake question - 01/20/19 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
John, sounds like you should start making adapters
YUP, but it isnt rocket science

Re: cascar intake question - 01/21/19 03:02 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Aluminum-Vented-Cap-Bung-MADE-IN-USA-Vented-Filler-Neck-Kit-Valve-Cover-X/321831231655?hash=item4aeea2e0a7:g:P2oAAOSw9N1VzAu-:rk:10:pf:0

Re: cascar intake question - 01/21/19 04:57 PM

John, I never thought of this. I am sorry for my stupidity. that's is a fantastic idea!!!

thanks a million I am ordering one right now.

Re: cascar intake question - 02/05/19 01:42 AM

Prefix
has their solution..Ouch$$ https://store.prefix.com/products/hemi-oil-fill-adaptor

Re: cascar intake question - 02/05/19 03:40 PM

ouch is right. I have made a solution and will be getting a few 3D printed to see how they work.

thanks for all the help.

by the way Mancini's sells a breather cap with a threaded nut for $5 bucks. they are sitting on the counter. tig the nut to the plate do some creative hole grinding and you have a solution. or get the one that was mentioned above. either will work, when I get mine back I will snap some pictures and post.

thanks for all the help.

Re: cascar intake question - 02/11/19 04:08 PM

just the first printout. this material is only good up to 190 degrees. looking for something different. I will check the fit this week when I have time

Attached picture 20190211_085206.jpg
Posted By: Jerry

Re: cascar intake question - 02/11/19 04:14 PM

I can make that from aluminum for you if you want. especially if you have the cad already.

Re: cascar intake question - 02/11/19 04:33 PM

I have the original one that is alum. I am just seeing what can be done on 3d printer.

Re: cascar intake question - 02/13/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By 392Hemi
just the first printout. this material is only good up to 190 degrees. looking for something different. I will check the fit this week when I have time
Very nice.. Thats what I had in mind. What was the part # on the Aluminum Cap and neck assembly from Mancini ?

Re: cascar intake question - 02/13/19 05:28 PM

I don't recall, they are in a box on the counter, next time I am in there I will get the number.
© 2024 Moparts Forums