Moparts

Any interest in these?

Posted By: moparcyco

Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 04:53 AM

A couple weeks ago I was searching everywhere for a fitting that would work in a stock Hemi power steering pump that would go to jic/an. Did not exist that I could find. So I had a machinist friend make a few of these. Mimics the stock line exactly but has a number 6 male an. This will make custom steering hoses a breeze. If any of you have tried finding stuff like this Its a huge PITA. So if in the future anyone needs one let me know. Not looking to make money will sell for what it costs to make, to help someone not have to waste the amount of time I did.

Posted By: sycboi

Re: Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 05:20 AM

Is that steel or aluminum? How much are you asking?
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 12:59 PM

summit racing sells them. they aren't as long but I can get the part number when I get back to work. we use them in our serpentine belt kits. all the modern cars use them.
Posted By: sycboi

Re: Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By Jerry
summit racing sells them. they aren't as long but I can get the part number when I get back to work. we use them in our serpentine belt kits. all the modern cars use them.

I am interested to know that number. The reason the fitting needs to be that long is because the application warrants it be that long. It cannot use a standard length fitting...
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 04:44 PM

here is the short one we use with a 90deg hose end.
earls 961955erl

Attached picture IMG_0118.jpg
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Any interest in these? - 04/17/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By Jerry
here is the short one we use with a 90deg hose end.
earls 961955erl

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-961955erl
© 2024 Moparts Forums