Moparts

Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where

Posted By: doctor_mopar

Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where - 03/13/18 08:47 PM

I am trying to help a friend who has done work for a customer. The car is a 2015 Challenger 6 speed manual . The engine has been stroked to 6.4 and the cam duration is 224I/232E . The car is running, but needs computer tuned for this combination. Car is in Southern Louisiana. Any suggestion on who tunes these , preferably in this area, or otherwise he can dyno the car locally and send data to someone to tune computer or ? Note: Street Car
Thank You, Ron

Re: Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where - 03/14/18 03:01 AM

I believe with information my friend just learned , I can answer my own question . He just found out from the owner of the car that the computer was unlocked and hp tuner installed. A nearby shop with dyno has the hp equipment and program, so he needs to buy some tunes from hp tuners , and do it like he knows how ! Should be good !
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where - 03/14/18 03:49 PM

Hptuners works well , that was where I had to go when I put the 428 short block in my truck

Re: Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where - 03/14/18 05:11 PM

Thank You ric3xrt ! Previously the owner had only installed headers, but had the HP tune installed .Now the stroker, and then the blower . I believe this system should be able to be retuned to handle the changes .
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Need tune for 2015 Challenger 5.7 stroked to 6.4 Who/Where - 03/14/18 06:00 PM

I used hp tuners on my trans am. There are tune archives and most times you can find a similar tune to what you need. Of course it would still need fine tuned, but usually close enough. You don't buy the tunes, but you purchase credits for each car to unlock the software to be able to tune. A tuner would buy the credits in bulk. Only issue is, you have to go back to the same tuner or you'd need more credits for another tuner.
© 2024 Moparts Forums