Moparts

XV Intake manifold

Posted By: ric3xrt

XV Intake manifold - 02/09/18 02:39 PM

Just picked up a Carb version of the XV Intake off of Ebay , any one have and history with these? what little I've found points to high RPM use ,
Posted By: sam64

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/09/18 07:51 PM

I have 1 on my 5.7 hemi 65 coronet street car,bought their whole kit when they first came out.It seems to have good torque and power,I just put a Fi tech 600 on it but no drive time on it yet.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/09/18 11:04 PM

Just looking at them they look like a mess, short runners are bad for TQ but the abrupt turn coming out of the head is bad for peak HP. They is no way getting around the compromise needed to get a carb or throttle body to fit under a low rise hood with ports coming vertically out of the head. If you just want to get it in and running it should be ok but the dyno tests I have seen show all those type manifolds (XV mopar performance low rise...) down on power compared to everything else. This is why the tall intakes are so good, you get a very straight shot from the carb to the valve. The EFI barrell intakes are better because they have such long gently sweeping curves. If your main goal is getting a carb under a low rise hood you just have to make those puny ones work.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/09/18 11:06 PM

that said I would have given $275 for one also.

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/10/18 03:11 PM

I figured $275 wasn't too bad, I'm hoping it acts more like a holly street dominator than a Drag pack.
Posted By: sycboi

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/15/18 08:49 AM

They are an ok street intake. As stated, basically they were a compromise to get a carb to fit under a stock hood. We put one on a 5.7 Hemi that we installed into a ‘72 Challenger. Still had to use a short modified air cleaner setup. Definitely worth the money for what it is...

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/15/18 02:34 PM

it's sure shorter than any of the other projects. once I get rolling with this project the XV will be the staring point.
I do appreciate the input.
sycboi did you get that jeep project running ?

Attached picture Intake cores.jpg
Posted By: sycboi

Re: XV Intake manifold - 02/15/18 05:52 PM

Slowly but surely getting it together. The engine just needs to heads and intake installed. Little tasks keep me from making any huge strides it seems. I do have the rolling chassis ready to set it in at least. Thank you for all the help you’ve given me along the way!
© 2024 Moparts Forums