Moparts

Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads

Posted By: RylisPro

Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/19/17 09:24 PM

New options for us Gen 3 Hemi users
https://frankensteined.net/product-category/cylinder-heads/gen-iii-hemi/

Posted By: STEFF

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/19/17 10:00 PM

They appear to be porting programs using the factory castings.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/19/17 10:05 PM

I checked them out at PRI. They have programs for the factory castings and Thitek heads. The Apache program goes 385 @.700 with a 2.14 valve. The Thitek's go 410@.700 with a 2.18 valve. Very nice stuff. They said they use Thitek's head porter casting for that program.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/19/17 10:53 PM

$2250 to have your heads cnc ported? Is that really an option?

I have customers that have had horrible experiences with them also
Posted By: gremlinsteve

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/20/17 03:22 AM

Wow

2250 for a cnc port? What is that like...2000 percent profit margin?
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/20/17 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By gremlinsteve
Wow

2250 for a cnc port? What is that like...2000 percent profit margin?

Some has to pay for the house, wife and the hush money for the kid with the neighbor's wife.

We had asset of the Brodix BR7s on our Camrwreck here at work. wasn't impressed.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/20/17 03:33 PM

I'm sure the cost has more to do with the low volume nature and the $300K machines it takes to cut them. Their machining looks top notch though.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/21/17 01:53 AM

When I get my G3 Eddy heads back, I will get them flowed...I am very curious to see.

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/21/17 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
When I get my G3 Eddy heads back, I will get them flowed...I am very curious to see.

Craig will flow them
Posted By: MattW

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/21/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
$2250 to have your heads cnc ported? Is that really an option?

I have customers that have had horrible experiences with them also

CNC is just a machine. The only advantage is uniformity in each port.
Have a bad cad port design and you get a bad CNC port.
Ill stick to people i know for my port work.
And Ray your one of them. up
Matt
Posted By: Medlock51

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/21/17 10:28 PM

$2250? Sorry but I can't justify that...

So who does decent work at a working man's price? I know a few guys who do excellent hand porting but have not tackled a Gen 3 Mopar. Not that I wouldn't trust them...

I'll likely start with my '04 heads. I'm going to weld up the quench pads to help raise the compression. I'll have RaceTec do my pistons. I need 13-1 compression for use with methanol fuel.

How about a reference or two... I guess I'd have about $800.00 to budget to get my early 5.7's done.

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/21/17 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By Medlock51

So who does decent work at a working man's price? I know a few guys who do excellent hand porting but have not tackled a Gen 3 Mopar. Not that I wouldn't trust them...

I'll likely start with my '04 heads. I'm going to weld up the quench pads to help raise the compression. I'll have RaceTec do my pistons. I need 13-1 compression for use with methanol fuel.

How about a reference or two... I guess I'd have about $800.00 to budget to get my early 5.7's done.

Just buy a used set of eagle heads
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/22/17 03:14 AM

What he said

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/22/17 01:41 PM

Medlock51, buy a set of Eagles and save porting money.

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/22/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By 408strokerdart
I'm sure the cost has more to do with the low volume nature and the $300K machines it takes to cut them. Their machining looks top notch though.

Some very fine machines they have and some great work comes out of there.

I've done coating work for a builder who has bought on average over the last 3 years 6 sets Edelbrock DR17s at 8100 a set($49k)
https://frankensteined.net/shop/edelbrock-dr17/
another that we do coating work for buys an average of 25 sets a year of Edelbrock SB2 at $8250 a set .(206K)
https://frankensteined.net/shop/edelbrock-sb2-raised/
80 combined sets of different LSX offerings they have, between 2900 and 3400 a set
and right now I have 4 sets of LT4 6.2s that came from Frankenstein that ae going out today to my customer

Frankenstein is doing fine

Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Frankenstein Engine Dynamics Gen 3 Hemi heads - 12/22/17 02:29 PM

I bought a set of low mileage eagle heads with new PAC springs and Manley Ti retainers for $800.

The $2250 does include new springs, retainers and valve job so it is not just cnc porting.
© 2024 Moparts Forums