Moparts

Pan gasket

Posted By: cbusters

Pan gasket - 12/08/17 01:20 AM

Is the another manufacturer of a paper pan gasket for the Milodon oil pan 31000?

The 40750 Gasket set from Milodon seems to be back ordered everywhere.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 01:57 AM

I just use the truck oil pan gasket and RTV the one corner on my milodon pan. There's no way i'll put a cork/Milodon gasket on a modern engine.

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 02:11 AM

I had a new factory windage tray/seal with the new Milodon pan and all the bolts were tight from the machine shop. There was just the assembly oil in the pan and as we were rotating the engine on the stand to clean it for painting, the oil was weeping out of the sides and front of the pan seal. It had sealant on it.

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By cbusters
I had a new factory windage tray/seal with the new Milodon pan and all the bolts were tight from the machine shop. There was just the assembly oil in the pan and as we were rotating the engine on the stand to clean it for painting, the oil was weeping out of the sides and front of the pan seal. It had sealant on it.

It takes a good bead on one edge to button it up, it is still a better setup than a cork gasket. 1,500 miles on mine so far, not a drip.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
I just use the truck oil pan gasket and RTV the one corner on my milodon pan. There's no way i'll put a cork/Milodon gasket on a modern engine.

Worst gasket ever made in the history of gaskets
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Sounds like Ray might have a option on this.

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By Just-a-dart

Sounds like Ray might have a option on this.

The second the milodon gasket comes out of the packaging a feeling of disgust and guilt overcomes you. I have tried to beg and plead with Superformance to cut some gaskets for us but, come to think of it, I never threatened him. Maybe someone needs to put a little scare in Greg

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 12:43 PM

Is the Milodon gasket paper or cork?
I have the Milodon Windage tray already on the shelf to convert away from the factory setup.
Posted By: aus370

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 02:15 PM

Any time you use a cork or paper gasket down there , it will eventually weep oil . I also used the truck tray/gasket with the Milodon pan . A thin bead of sealant especially on the pan sides is good insurance .
My 6.1 is the driest motor i've owned.

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 02:20 PM

I suppose that I'll need to hear more before I am convinced something that works perfectly fine for me is the worst of it's kind on the Planet...
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 03:09 PM

I suppose that I'll need to hear more before I am convinced something that works perfectly fine for me is the worst of it's kind on the Planet...

I think he is referring to the milodon cork gasket?
I used the truck oil pan gasket also with no issues.

Re: Pan gasket - 12/08/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By cbusters
Is the Milodon gasket paper or cork?
I have the Milodon Windage tray already on the shelf to convert away from the factory setup.

Dehydrated 18 wheelers tires ground up and mixed with shredded cardboard and held together with elmers glue
© 2024 Moparts Forums