Moparts

Hellcat fit - hood

Posted By: Charger727

Hellcat fit - hood - 11/07/17 05:40 PM

In order to fit a Hellcat crate motor in a A-body - is a hood cut-out required to allow room for the blower?

That's the way it looks based on the gas monkey dart & roadkill charger
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/07/17 07:22 PM

I'm guessing you will but I don't know for sure. PLEASE make a build thread
Posted By: Charger727

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/07/17 09:07 PM

We have a 71 Duster equipped with frame connectors and a Dana 60 rear needing an engine, and we are looking at the Hellcat crate motor as a possibility. We aren't afraid to go with an aftermarket front end either, but it has a really nice dual scoop hood all painted in the Twister style - hate to hack that up
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/08/17 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By Charger727
We have a 71 Duster equipped with frame connectors and a Dana 60 rear needing an engine, and we are looking at the Hellcat crate motor as a possibility. We aren't afraid to go with an aftermarket front end either, but it has a really nice dual scoop hood all painted in the Twister style - hate to hack that up

There was a hellcat superbird at sema and they had to lower the engine so it would fit under the stock hood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UElCCobzWc
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/08/17 02:08 PM

Not a Hellcat but a 6.1 with a Kenne Bell. Looks like he used a tubular K frame. It fits under a flat hood.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showth...-and-Kenne-Bell
Posted By: mymcodebee

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/08/17 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By sp392

There was a hellcat superbird at sema and they had to lower the engine so it would fit under the stock hood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UElCCobzWc

They used a modified magnum force front end. I called them to see if they are making them this way or it needs to be totally redesigned. No call back as of yet?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/09/17 12:55 PM

I won't own a car without one of the after market front ends....Best thing you can do to a Mopar along with EFI...
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/09/17 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By Dragula
I won't own a car without one of the after market front ends....Best thing you can do to a Mopar along with EFI...

iagree
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/09/17 02:23 PM

The HDK Suspension front end allows a Gen II Hemi under an A-body flat hood with 2x4 carbs. He has done Gen III as well, give Denny a call.

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/10/17 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By Bull1tt
The HDK Suspension front end allows a Gen II Hemi under an A-body flat hood with 2x4 carbs. He has done Gen III as well, give Denny a call.

I have my 605 Hemi with a big single plane intake and a 1250 Dominator under a shaker hood on my Cuda.....
Posted By: Lost in life

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/10/17 05:56 PM

I would think that a SS hemi hood scoop hood would give the hellcat motor clearance in an A body, like a dart or cuda. Yes? No?
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/10/17 06:02 PM

In order to fit a Hellcat crate motor in a A-body - is a hood cut-out required to allow room for the blower?

That's the way it looks based on the gas monkey dart & roadkill charger

I have personal experience in fitting a 68 B body. With the stock K frame, a scoop was needed for sure.

I would imagine that an A body would be even worse. Expect to ship the K frame and also allow for the scoop. It is a very tall intake system.
Posted By: rck850

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/10/17 08:43 PM

Is there any roots style supercharger that would fit without lowering the K-member or cutting the hood? I want to keep the GTS hood on my Dart, and would like to have a supercharged gen 3 under there. I've looked at the Hellcat, magnuson, Kenne Bell, E-force, but have no idea what will fit.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/10/17 10:37 PM

Man I saw a Gen 3 in an a body on facebook and boy was it tight side to side. Headers must be a nightmare.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/11/17 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Man I saw a Gen 3 in an a body on facebook and boy was it tight side to side. Headers must be a nightmare.

They're tight, but they clear everything. Unlike my Hedman headers and Milodon oil pan on my small block.

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/11/17 04:58 AM

You may be out of luck, have you considered a pro charger?
Posted By: rck850

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/11/17 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
You may be out of luck, have you considered a pro charger?

I was really impressed with install they did on one of the show's on Spike TV a few weeks back with the P1SC. I already have an Alterkation front end if that makes a difference. I just don't know if that's the route I want to take.

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/12/17 02:23 AM

https://hackadaycom.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/hotrod_02.jpg

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/12/17 04:43 AM

By the looks of the Hellcat setup (which is tall), a KB/Whipple/Magnuson setup might be lower
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/12/17 06:56 PM

t-u-r-b-o

Attached picture 20161211_161506_resized.jpg
Posted By: Osyman

Re: Hellcat fit - hood - 11/19/17 01:07 AM

Does anyone know the total height stock oil pan to top of the supercharger?

Engine mount ears to top of supercharger?
© 2024 Moparts Forums