Moparts

EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam???

Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 09/29/17 03:52 PM

So the new Drag pak is a efi supercharged engine with what sounds like a very large cam. I was always told that rowdy cams and efi don't play nice. How do they do this, and can it be replicated by us common folk?
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 09/29/17 05:03 PM

Radical cams are fine with EFI as long as you don't rely on self tuning at idle. And new engines that have variable cam timing can make up for the problem at low RPMs.

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 09/29/17 05:08 PM

I understand about the tuning. I don't think the drag pak cars have vvt but I could be wrong.
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 09/30/17 12:14 PM

Non VVT
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 10/02/17 05:21 PM

Look over on Yellow Bullet, there are tons of guys running various radical forced induction combos with EFI. Most are chevy LS based or ford but lots of it going on, and on VERY fast cars. You just don't see a lot of the mopar crowd on there. My drag week build plan for my 71 is to utilize that exact drag pack Whipple blower with it's larger intercooler on a stroked 6.1 block and utilize the Holley Dominator EFI to run the whole thing. The Holley is just one choice, there are several EFI systems out there capable of working in radical blown situations.
Posted By: ahy

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 10/03/17 02:26 AM

I run a pretty rowdy cam (NA) and EFI... for about 15 years. Some tuning required and with that works pretty well. No "self tune" with my combo.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 10/07/17 01:04 PM

Use alpha N tuning with map compensation.

Re: EFI, Supercharger, Rowdy cam??? - 10/07/17 03:07 PM

Is this something the mopar plug and play gen III hemi kit can be used for?
© 2024 Moparts Forums