Moparts

5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility

Posted By: VincentVega

5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility - 08/31/17 08:03 PM

Is there any ability to take the modern active intake manifold (variable runner) and put it on an early Gen III? (i.e. 2005 5.7)

Did some casual searching for this topic and did not come up with anything. I was considering taking a look at making something, but if there is bolt hole and port shape compatibility already, could be easier to modify than start from scratch

Thanks
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: 5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility - 08/31/17 11:14 PM

Simple answer, no.....but if you take the whole top end of an Eagle 5.7 heads intake than yes....but the electrical end of it would need to be worked out.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: 5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility - 09/01/17 03:27 AM

If you used some adapters for the early 5.7 heads (early 5.7 guys used them for 6.1 intake swaps) and wired up the servo motor for the variable intake (lots of 5.7 eagle guys have done this when swapping 6.4 SRT intakes on them, I think they use an MSD rpm switch set at 4400 rpm, this seems to be the cross over point for the long runner to short runner) it could be done.
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: 5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility - 09/01/17 04:08 AM

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: 5.7 Intake Manifold Compatibility - 09/01/17 12:17 PM

http://3rdstrikeperformance.com/index.ph...roducts_id=1922

Not sure if it's a good price but they have the adaptors.
FWIW , I think your better off with the eagle heads.

Let me Clarify my Simple answer NO, what is not taking into consideration when putting the eagle intake on the 03-08 heads is with the adaptors the Injector is now a1/4 higher in the charge path and shrouded by the adaptor, there is a reason there is a notch in the intake port on the early Hemi head.
My $.02 worth ,
© 2024 Moparts Forums