Moparts

6.1 piston pin and locks...

Posted By: sycboi

6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/09/17 08:23 AM

Does anyone know what the STOCK weight for the 6.1 Hemi wrist pins and locks are? I would guess the locks to be approximately 4 grams for the pair, but I cannot find a stock weight for the wrist pins. I know they are 1mm larger than the 5.7 wrist pins, but I can't find any weights on Google thus far.

Through help here on Moparts and Google searching I have found stock 6.1 connecting rods weigh in at an average of 653 grams and stock pistons weigh in at an average of 435 grams.

I appreciate any help...
Posted By: MattW

Re: 6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/11/17 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By sycboi
Does anyone know what the STOCK weight for the 6.1 Hemi wrist pins and locks are? I would guess the locks to be approximately 4 grams for the pair, but I cannot find a stock weight for the wrist pins. I know they are 1mm larger than the 5.7 wrist pins, but I can't find any weights on Google thus far.

Through help here on Moparts and Google searching I have found stock 6.1 connecting rods weigh in at an average of 653 grams and stock pistons weigh in at an average of 435 grams.

I appreciate any help...

I'll weight the rod and pin and locks separately tomorrow.
Matt
The pin is a tapered design.

Re: 6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/11/17 06:40 AM

Thank you good sir!

Re: 6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/11/17 08:30 PM

So from the scale at work.
Rod with bolts and cap=652 grams
Pin and locks= 154 grams
Pin =152
Wouldn't register the locks by themselves.
Matt
This scale is not a calibrated scale so........

Re: 6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/11/17 08:41 PM

Great information. Thank you good sir. I appreciate you taking your time and doing this...

Re: 6.1 piston pin and locks... - 08/11/17 11:45 PM

No problem
Matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums