Moparts

69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions

Posted By: haddixj

69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/18/17 06:14 AM

We are putting a 08 hemi in my dads gtx and I was wondering about where to go for his headers or more preferably manifolds. I have seen people with tti's having to rent them up and I don't want to buy them to beat on them. I have built a few sets of headers and will just do that if it comes to it but would just rather get some stock manifolds to work. He has the Schumacher swap mounts and is running a 833 trans if that matters.
Thanks
Posted By: sycboi

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/18/17 05:52 PM

We put 5.7 Hemi engines in an E-Body Challenger and a TJ Jeep Wrangler and we used '05-'07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi exhaust manifolds in each and they fit nice and compact...
Posted By: Silver70

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/18/17 06:32 PM

I used long tube headers with no fitment issues at all in the past, but I can't remember which brand now. The advantage to headers is you can easily buy an exhaust from headers back to fit where if you use manifolds, your going to have to do custom exhaust work.
Posted By: kenz

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/19/17 01:14 AM

Check out part # 77072462. Supposed to be for dropping Gen III Hemi's into classic cars.
I found out about these when looking at the new controllers Mopar released recently.

Hope it helps.
Posted By: haddixj

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/19/17 04:39 PM

Thanks for the part number I will check them out
Posted By: Silver70

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/19/17 06:28 PM

Like I mentioned above, you still need to do some custom exhaust... there are cheap stock options if you do some research. One nice thing with new hemis is no more messing with headers in the way of spark plugs.
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: 69 Roadrunner 5.7 hemi swap header or manifold questions - 05/19/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By Silver70
One nice thing with new hemis is no more messing with headers in the way of spark plugs.

AMEN TO THAT
© 2024 Moparts Forums