Moparts

Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions

Posted By: PorkyPig

Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/14/17 09:39 PM

Can anybody tell me what heads the new 426 Drag Paks use and what they flow? Also, the only spec for the cam I found was .675 lift, but what about real duration and lobe separation numbers?
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/15/17 04:16 AM

David Barton told me the Drag Pack heads are cnc'ed but it hardly scrapes the walls. I really dont ask flow numbers because it seems the only guys on the same page are the 4 or so of us on this board all have basically the exact same numbers

If you dont need Drag Pack heads than it maybe just cheaper to get Thiteks

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/15/17 06:34 PM

What I did find on cams was for an earlier year Drag Pak that had a legal Bullet cam for that car. The lift isn't has high as the latest one, but the cam was 270 at .050 intake, 275 exhaust.

I don't own anything Gen III, but am still interested in what goes into them.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/15/17 08:49 PM

Getting Cam specs on competitive Drag Pack motors would be like asking for the recipe for Coke. Never gonna get it.

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/16/17 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By STEFF
Getting Cam specs on competitive Drag Pack motors would be like asking for the recipe for Coke. Never gonna get it.

I didn't ask for the specs of the fastest class-legal Drag Pak's cam. Everyone that bought a new 2016 426 Drag Pak got the same cam from the factory. Any idea what those specs are?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/16/17 03:37 AM

I thought there was only 1 ingredient?
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/16/17 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By joshking440

Bruh.........wrong "coke"
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/16/17 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

Even that type has a few ingredients now a days, depends on it's cut, each cartel has their own special blend....the 70s are definitely not coming back...pure simple but moderate profit snow gone the way of bell bottoms

Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/16/17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By ric3xrt
Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

Even that type has a few ingredients now a days, depends on it's cut, each cartel has their own special blend....the 70s are definitely not coming back...pure simple but moderate profit snow gone the way of bell bottoms

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/17/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
David Barton told me the Drag Pack heads are cnc'ed but it hardly scrapes the walls. I really dont ask flow numbers because it seems the only guys on the same page are the 4 or so of us on this board all have basically the exact same numbers

What are you guys seeing with your own heads, and how much work to get those numbers?
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/17/17 09:52 PM

I think they are limited to .675 at the valve.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/17/17 10:57 PM

Let me ask a bold question, how much to build 700 hp in a gen 3 hemi?

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/17/17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By PorkyPig

What are you guys seeing with your own heads, and how much work to get those numbers?

Stock @.600
Eagles and 6.1 heads 300cfm
Apaches around 335cfm

The 3-4-5 numbers are really awesome on the g3s. Eagles hit 300 at .5

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/17/17 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By Iowan
Let me ask a bold question, how much to build 700 hp in a gen 3 hemi?

10-12k new parts I would say
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/26/17 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By PorkyPig

Stock @.600
Eagles and 6.1 heads 300cfm
Apaches around 335cfm

The 3-4-5 numbers are really awesome on the g3s. Eagles hit 300 at .5

What about the exhaust flow on the Eagles? I understand the exhaust is only 55% of the intake? I'll have my newly acquired Eagles on the flow bench next week, but always interested in what others have seen.

Re: Drag Pak heads and camshaft questions - 05/26/17 05:39 AM

I never flow exhaust side. my exhaust port on my heads is large
© 2024 Moparts Forums