Moparts

Automatic Transmission Flywheels

Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Automatic Transmission Flywheels - 12/04/16 06:44 AM

For 5.7 motors, is the automatic transmission flywheel the same for a 545RFE and the Nag1 transmission?
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Automatic Transmission Flywheels - 12/06/16 04:13 AM

Nope, they are different. You may also need to remove the ring in the rear of the crank, where the converter snout goes into the crank. My 5.7 had a NAG1 originally, and the 545 converter snout is bigger. It's easy to get out. I cut into it with a carbide bit in the die grinder till it was almost in two, then knocked it out with a chisel and hammer. The part number on my flex plate is 04736604AA, but check to see if it's the same for a 6.4.
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Automatic Transmission Flywheels - 12/07/16 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By JDMopar
Nope, they are different. You may also need to remove the ring in the rear of the crank, where the converter snout goes into the crank. My 5.7 had a NAG1 originally, and the 545 converter snout is bigger. It's easy to get out. I cut into it with a carbide bit in the die grinder till it was almost in two, then knocked it out with a chisel and hammer. The part number on my flex plate is 04736604AA, but check to see if it's the same for a 6.4.

JD, thanks, I got one on order from my Dodge dealer for $76 with my discount. And yes, I do need to remove that ring so my converter fits

Attached picture image.jpeg
© 2024 Moparts Forums