Moparts

2010 Challenger with 100k+ miles, anything to look for?

Posted By: gdonovan

2010 Challenger with 100k+ miles, anything to look for? - 04/21/16 09:55 AM

Looking at picking up a 2010 Challenger R/T with a 5.7 and a stick, any areas of concern with 100,000 miles on the clock? No MDS so not worried about the timing chains.

I drove the car yesterday and aside from the front end rattling like crazy (ball joints and tie rod ends I assume) is there anything to look out for?

Brakes were smooth, car ran well and sounded gorgeous with a pair of aftermarket mufflers. Car had minor paint issues, bad door gasket and a few minor wear and tear issues to be addressed.

Gary
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: 2010 Challenger with 100k+ miles, anything to look for? - 04/24/16 03:53 AM

I'm interested in this, too.

I just had a 2005 Magnum R/T come up on my radar - 178k, but priced right for the mileage. Needs a new front bumper, but otherwise nice.

I've gotten used to driving my LH cars, but man, I could go up to the LX for the way it is priced.
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: 2010 Challenger with 100k+ miles, anything to look for? - 04/24/16 01:14 PM

Anyone?

Looked at a 2011 on Friday but walked out of the dealer when they got stupid and tried to rook me for $6000+
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: 2010 Challenger with 100k+ miles, anything to look for? - 04/24/16 03:27 PM

i just got an 09 with 92000 R/T and 6 speed, it was well taken care of but also was tuned on a chassi dyno and had new srt wheels and a new factory installed tranny and clutch, otherwise it drives great and i havent noticed any unusual bad signs on the car, i have posted about swapping a very low mileage 5.7 from a truck into the Challenger but havent got alot of feedback as to wether it is an ez swap of externals and if the truck motor is a weaker block or the internals are the same or beefier. Good luck and id say if all looks good go for it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums