Moparts

Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday!

Posted By: Dragula

Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/21/16 03:40 AM

Buddy of mine stopped by as I am off for surgery recovery with his brand new Plum Crazy Purple Hellcat.....We went for a small ride, and it really put a grin on my face....Really awesome...

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/21/16 04:29 AM

Sorry no pictures.....
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/21/16 04:39 AM

That had to be the best kind of therapy you could ask for!

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/21/16 06:10 PM

He bought the six speed one and man that thing is a handful. I saw 10psi of boost on it, and what an integration with the computer system...I really like what they did with that power plant, and I really thinking of putting one in my 70 Cuda....Best of both worlds. We will see how the 605 works out first I guess.

I saw the Roadkill episode where they stuck one in a 68 Charger and then ran it against the Gas-monkey Garage 67 Dart....5.81 in the 1/8th that Dart went!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/22/16 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
He bought the six speed one and man that thing is a handful. I saw 10psi of boost on it, and what an integration with the computer system...I really like what they did with that power plant, and I really thinking of putting one in my 70 Cuda....Best of both worlds. We will see how the 605 works out first I guess.

I saw the Roadkill episode where they stuck one in a 68 Charger and then ran it against the Gas-monkey Garage 67 Dart....5.81 in the 1/8th that Dart went!

I think I read somewhere that the distance they raced on was not an 1/8 mile. It was shorter
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 03/23/16 03:32 AM

I had the pleasure to drive one but I didn't get to beat on it to hard. It had 37 miles on it lol. I did roll into the throttle pretty hard getting on the highway and you could tell it was all business. I am hoping I will get another round in it soon now that it has some miles on it.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 04/03/16 07:49 PM

I considered trading my Scat Pack in last week on a white 6speed HC but I don't want another stick shift car. I did sit in it though.

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 04/03/16 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By 52savoy
I considered trading my Scat Pack in last week on a white 6speed HC but I don't want another stick shift car. I did sit in it though.

The one I road in was the manual, and was a lot of fun. My last two diesel trucks were manual, and it grows on you I guess. I am not sure which route I would go, either would be fine.

I was thinking how nice it would be to ditch my Cuda and get one.....But I would miss the old temper mental noisy thing always leaking somthing and breaking down.
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 05/09/16 07:37 AM

It would have to be manual. That is all.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 05/09/16 03:28 PM

I'm a manual Guy, but Hellcats and that 8spd are worth .50 in strip times. Drive one of those A8 cars before buying a 6spd, trust me.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 05/28/16 10:05 AM

If your gonna take it to the drag strip only. Buy a auto. If ya want to have some fun banging gears stop n go traffic. Buy a stick
Posted By: 383man

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 06/01/16 04:23 AM

Friend of mine has a Hellcat Challenger with the 8 speed auto. He said he put an aluminum driveshaft in it and drag radials and ran a best so far of 10.91 @ 127 I believe. Ron
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 06/01/16 04:42 AM

A guy I know Locally has one with the auto. On slicks it runs 10.80s like clock work. He has beat the daylights out of that car, its been to the road course a few times, lots and lots of dragstrip passes. I think he has also done a standing mile event with it but I can't remember.

He recently changed the gears to a 3.09(I think) and it has been 10.60s.
Posted By: Brian

Re: Took a ride in a Hellcat Yesterday! - 06/10/16 05:47 PM

In the latest issues of Car & Driver, they filled the take of a 8-speed auto Hellcat Challenger and made 83 hot laps at the track that they rented till they ran out of gas!

Can you say durability!
© 2024 Moparts Forums