Moparts

Looking for Torsion bars

Posted By: 1savoyracer

Looking for Torsion bars - 02/16/22 05:57 PM

I am in need of a set of torsion bars for my 1963 Plymouth Savoy, and wonder if anyone has any ideas where to find some, I have tried FirmFeel and Wildcat Auto Wrecking..with no luck, The bars I need are a 30 degree offset, 41 inches long, and .860 diameter, B or E bodied cars ..............anyone have any ideas, this is a drag race only car. Thanks Tom
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/16/22 06:06 PM

Interesting, FF says they make custom torsion bars, why did you have no luck?

Years ago, before there was a Firm Feel we had Halibrand make a set up for a friend's 75 Coronet.

Looks like Holley owns the name, they don't do much with is anymore.

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/16/22 06:18 PM

firm feel keeps putting me off a month and a half at a time, I kinda got the impression that they would keep doing that.

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/16/22 06:40 PM

Fair enough.

Not sure if 0.87 will cut it but here's a source

https://swayaway.com/product-category/torsion-bars/tb-dodge/

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/16/22 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Fair enough.

Not sure if 0.87 will cut it but here's a source

https://swayaway.com/product-category/torsion-bars/tb-dodge/

thank You, I think Andyf has me covered now, i do appreciate your help, thank you once again.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/23/22 05:03 AM

Many B body cars came with .88 bars. I have a spare pair that I'd let go pretty cheap IF the Andy connection falls through.
I know you mentioned the .86 but .....
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/23/22 07:41 PM

The OP came over to my place and bought all of the 0.860 bars I had on the shelf. I also shipped a pair of 0.880 bars to Ohio. I have one set of 0.880 bars on the shelf as well as a couple pair of 0.900 bars. I had some 0.920 Hemi bars but sold them to a guy who really wanted them. I wouldn't mind selling the rest of what I have since I really don't want to move a stack of torsion bars to my new place!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 02/27/22 08:29 PM

I've been waiting on M Body T bars from Firmfeel for such a long time. I finally emailed again a week ago asking for update since I haven't heard anything in long time and the last I heard they were starting a batch. They responded "major problem" without any more info frown
Posted By: Bzzzz

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 05/20/22 07:14 PM

I was looking at getting some suspension stuff from Firmfeel ,but google says they are closed ??

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 05/20/22 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bzzzz
I was looking at getting some suspension stuff from Firmfeel ,but google says they are closed ??

You trust google?

Probably googled it outside of business hours.

http://www.firmfeel.com/firm_feel_mopar_contact_information.html
Posted By: Bzzzz

Re: Looking for Torsion bars - 05/22/22 10:55 PM

weird !
© 2024 Moparts Forums