Moparts

Baer master cylinder

Posted By: AndyF

Baer master cylinder - 01/18/18 06:15 PM

Baer is now selling a billet master cylinder with a built in prop valve. The MC is available in three different bore sizes and a couple of different flanges.

The Ford/GM flange fits the two bolt adapters that I make. In the picture I'm using an AR060 offset MC adapter which is a common part that Mancini Racing carries.

If you're looking for a new master cylinder or want to clean up your firewall area with an integrated prop valve then this might be an option for you.

Attached picture DSC_1975 (Large).JPG
Attached picture DSC_1972 (Large).JPG
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Baer master cylinder - 01/18/18 07:26 PM

that's a nice looking master cylinder there.

i used one of they mounting brackets to mount a proportioning valve under the MC on my car..

http://baer.com/Adjustable-Proportioning-Valve-Bracket.html
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Baer master cylinder - 01/19/18 08:08 PM

Can it be used/adapted with a factory power booster (72 e-body). Looks good! cost?
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Baer master cylinder - 01/31/18 04:31 PM

I ordered a black 1" bore from the scratch and dent, thanks for the heads up Andy.

This will help with j-bar placement in the engine compartment with the offset adapter. I really hate the look of the Wilwood m/c so this is a breath of fresh air IMO.

Re: Baer master cylinder - 11/27/18 07:04 AM

Got the new brake lines run. The front line goes to the line lock then to the distribution block. The rear line just goes to the distribution block.

I also ordered new brake lines from Inline Tube. The new brake lines fit pretty well and they came with a new distribution block. I have four wheel disc brakes on this car so I probably don't need the built in prop valve that comes with the Baer master cylinder but I'm going to at least give it a try and see how it goes.

Attached picture DSC_3146 (Large).JPG

Re: Baer master cylinder - 11/27/18 07:06 AM

Here is another view. If you look past all the clutter you can see the new distribution block and how the brake lines are run from the master cylinder.

The kit I bought from Inline Tube had new lines that were pre-bent for a Mopar disc brake MC but of course those lines didn't fit the Baer MC. Add in the line lock and I needed some custom lines bent up.

Attached picture DSC_3145 (Large).JPG
Posted By: Car Nut

Re: Baer master cylinder - 11/27/18 08:22 AM

Here's mine mocked up in Black.

Attached picture 4753A6B4-0963-4B8B-9661-DFBC1FA5FF49 (2).jpeg
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Baer master cylinder - 11/27/18 02:04 PM

Wilwood sells a setup that packages pretty well too. Prebent lines and bracket

Attached picture 20374251_1618114131565972_8805545717859181155_n-2.jpg
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: Baer master cylinder - 12/14/18 06:26 PM

Nice work Andy!

GoodysCuda, I'd like to see more of your hydraulic clutch system. The pedal side too please.
I went with the wilwood setup as the Baer wasn't available. Bent my own lines. I'm not good at bending and making lines.

Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Baer master cylinder - 12/14/18 06:48 PM

Ever wonder why the factory puts those loops on the brake lines? So the brake lines don't work harden from vibration and crack.
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Baer master cylinder - 12/14/18 10:51 PM

I agree.
A master cylinder can move a significant amount when you use the brakes (firmly).
That area of the firewall, eventhough reinforced a bit, isn't strong enought to resist all the brakepedal-forces.

Also, later models have rubber body mounts, which adds another movement-factor between firewall and chassis.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Baer master cylinder - 12/16/18 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By mopardude318
Nice work Andy!

GoodysCuda, I'd like to see more of your hydraulic clutch system. The pedal side too please.
I went with the wilwood setup as the Baer wasn't available. Bent my own lines. I'm not good at bending and making lines.

I'll have to pull some together, I don't have any on hand.

I put an extra hole/nutsert in the wilwood prop valve bracket and have a bracket that runs around the bottom of the m/c to mount my clutch reservoir.

The clutch master, lines, mount and pedal pushrod all comes from SST

Re: Baer master cylinder - 05/30/19 09:39 PM

Figured I should post a new picture since the engine compartment has been painted. I'm sure Baer wasn't too thrilled with the other pictures I posted where the engine compartment had 50 years of grime.

Attached picture DSC_3544 (Large).JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums