Cost effective wireless scales

Posted By: jcc

Cost effective wireless scales - 06/21/17 02:57 AM

How is this not a deal?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Proform/778/67644/10002/-1
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 06/21/17 04:02 AM

Price is really headed down on those.

There are 500 lb digital bathroom scales accurate to .2lbs for under $30. Thinking there's been some decent profit as the electronic costs have gone down.

Wonder if we'll see a set without brain box and just run Bluetooth to your smartphone
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 06/22/17 10:00 AM

Hey Steve!
Where you still going to put up all those weights info/data on all the cars that were on your scales from the 2017 Spring Fling Big Willow track day?

Thanks!
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 06/22/17 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By RylisPro
Hey Steve!
Where you still going to put up all those weights info/data on all the cars that were on your scales from the 2017 Spring Fling Big Willow track day?

Thanks!

Thanks for reminding me. Yea, need to come up with some spread sheet format and compile those.
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 06/22/17 05:20 PM

Buy them used!! Lots out there. I bought this setup with wireless DX scales and rack for 2K from a race team (not hard to figure out who if you watch IMSA WeatherTech series!) The platen alone is worth almost 3K.

Posted By: astjp2

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 07/03/17 01:27 AM

I paid 1200 for my wired scales 10 years ago and they have only been used a few times, technology is improving so prices have come down making them more affordable. Tim
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 07/07/17 07:43 PM

Thanks for the link to Proform's offering. I picked up a set for a little over $700 from my wholesaler. Nice tools for the price!
Posted By: Alchemi

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 07/12/17 10:03 AM

So if you want to do a diy wireless jobbie you could do it -reasonably- for $250-$300 with 1760lbs available for each corner (I have a C-Body lols)
$10-25 Arduino board depending on options
$10 4x hx711 loadcell controller boards
$5 wifi module
$180 16x 440lb load cells or smaller/cheaper depending upon intended use
$$ ??? wiring and steel to make the platforms
some time

The Ardiuno boards are awesome, anything you can make the board do, you can monitor or control from a phone/tablet/pc - there are easy to use apps to design screens and a lot of support available - Im looking at tablet dashboard set ups atm and im pretty certain it wouldn't take much to use one for a 518 trans and actually have some logic working behind it
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 07/13/17 01:41 AM

For us with lesser Mopars (In Girth anyway) could easily use 12 of those sensors,or just set up 2 scales and 2 dummy plates and weigh the fr and rr separately work Just what I need, another side track spank
Posted By: jcc

Re: Cost effective wireless scales - 07/13/17 03:07 AM

Or drive thru the drive on scrap yard scales 4 times, like a drunk, not that that is something I have had any experience with. eyes grin
© 2024 Moparts Forums