Moparts

What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod?

Posted By: Bomber

What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/20/17 04:32 AM

I thought I had them already, but I can't find them anywhere. It's been 15 years since I did the suspension and who knows what happened to them, and the info I had. Anyway, I'm back on this car after being out of the hobby, and I'd like to finish the suspension. I still need tbars to match the SS springs(same both sides), shocks, and swaybar(s) to finish it. I suck at searching, so figured I'd just ask. Thanks in advance.

Re: What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/20/17 04:57 AM

HA! Found my file, and what I need (.960). And I don't have SS springs after all smile
Posted By: ahy

Re: What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/20/17 09:43 PM

What are you doing with the car? Reason for asking it affects T bar size (that would suit).

.96" is a bit of an upgrade over stock but most folks are running bigger now. 1.00" is nice size for moderate performance and not harsh at all.

Re: What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/21/17 01:30 AM

It's for fun. Lots of corners where I live, but the roads aren't the best, so I don't want to get too aggressive. I'm a little lighter up front too (alum headed sb, bat in trunk, no PS)and I think the .960 match the springs the best. That said, if you have a proven set up, I'd be foolish not to listen smile
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/21/17 05:25 AM

Before Mitch says it, get big ones. .960 on an e body is tiny.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: What size T-bars for SS springs on ebod? - 05/23/17 08:24 PM

GET BIG ONES!!!! I have progressively tried different sizes, but keeping in mind the roads you'll be driving. My 1.24" are biggest that will fit in through the 1.25" hex opening... Firm Feel can make them for you (they just made a set of 1.24 for a friend of mine). For regular cruising, 1.0 to 1.12 are OK and better than stock... but you'll only wonder why you didn't go a little stiffer. Don't be afraid... BUT, also get better shocks to match (you pay for what you get).... the double adjustables from QA1, Viking, etc will allow you to finite-tune the ride.

I've actually ran/raced (AX) the SS springs.. after having them de-arched... and they are OK with TBs say.. up to ~1.18 as a good match... but again, better shocks have to be mated.

you can always adjust the ride a little further pending the tire pressures, and the the choice of tire sizes makes a factor... 60-series, 50-series, 40-series, etc.. shorter sidewall = stiffer ride combined with whatever tire PSI you run...

Good luck in whatever you decide.... bigger TBs are one of the best improvements you'll make.
© 2024 Moparts Forums