Moparts

Steer & Gear PS Box

Posted By: 2BblHarold

Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 02:17 AM

Anyone have experience with the Steer & Gear rebuilt PS units? I'm not sure whether to go with their "Modern" firmness or "Sport". Their descriptions are almost the same.
Seems folks here generally go for Firm Feel units, which I'm sure are fine, but there are a few $$ to be saved at S&G. I would be more inclined to use FF if I were doing a performance overhaul, fast ratio arms, etc.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 02:29 AM

You can do some reading on them...

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...r-and-gear.html

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu...&gsc.page=1
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 03:35 AM

If you just want a stock box buy it at Autozone, same kwality better service than S&G.

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 04:58 AM

Thanks for the link, Oz! My own searches came up with seemingly random info.
I have to think the steer and gear rebuilds are way above a standard parts store build.

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 05:04 AM

Well okay then! Looks like FF is the safest bet. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 09:29 PM

I have used Steer and Gear almost exclusively as I was able to drop my cores off at Carlisle at their booth. I have been satisfied. The boxes were a lot tighter than stock, good assist, and no leaks. I never tried Firm Feel. Stay away from parts store rebuilds.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/12/17 11:37 PM

Rick from Mopar Action says that the parts store "rebuilds" are essentially just cleaned and REgasketed.
Posted By: killer

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/25/17 08:41 PM

Ok,gotta question on steering boxes and pitman arms,,,,,,,i have a 1968 barracuda and im adding a cop box,already a power steering car.The original pitman arm nut is up,the new pitman arm has the nut on the bottom,doesent the center link have a taper,my car is in winter storage,planning my spring project
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Steer & Gear PS Box - 01/25/17 11:23 PM

The new box is a large sector according to your description.
© 2024 Moparts Forums