Moparts

Autocross

Posted By: Bob J

Autocross - 12/09/16 02:31 AM

As it's time to work on the cars for next year. I thought I would post a few sites that might be of interest to Autocross folks. The first is Ed Fishers site. Start with the oldest post and move forward. Ed Fisher It's a good read.
The next are some some coaching tips from Kinch on Youtube. The guy is fast. I raced against him this year. Coaching Tips
These two should help you get faster next year and something to do when it's snowing outside. Are there other sites that you know about? I need to get faster myself.
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Autocross - 12/09/16 05:49 AM

Cool. I'm a little rusty as I haven't raced since February, so this should help as I hope to start racing again next year.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Autocross - 12/13/16 04:04 AM

Thanks for the links! I'll be busy in CAM-T this year. Heres some track driving tips for the Northern California tracks, click on the track primer.
http://www.norcal-saac.org/track/
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Autocross - 12/13/16 09:04 PM

Time behind the wheel is best spent! Always look ahead and perceive where you want to be before you get there.. and before you get there, on the track/course... where ever ... speed read the course in your mind. Be looking far ahead.. always.

Re: Autocross - 01/01/17 01:53 AM

Here is an Autocross podcast with Kinch talking national champions. I would start at the oldest again they are shorter. Kinch talks them about how they started in Autocross about cars and setup plus driving tip. Podcast #10 is about Autocross Slalom Tips and Techniques of the Experts. For some of you folks that have been doing this for awhile you may some of the folks. Autocross Pod Talk
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Autocross - 02/07/17 04:52 PM

Thanks for those links - like you said it's the next best thing during the off season..

Originally Posted By Mopar Mitch
Time behind the wheel is best spent! Always look ahead and perceive where you want to be before you get there.. and before you get there, on the track/course... where ever ... speed read the course in your mind. Be looking far ahead.. always.

...This past weekend I took my boys to a local auto museum. They have two big Grand Turismo video gaming rigs in the "Kids Section".. 50" screens w racing seat, pedals, force feedback steering, optional paddle shift or lever shift ... we had a lot of fun for a couple hours, place was otherwise deserted. It was also a pretty good off season simulation of the real thing..

Cheers!
- Art
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Autocross - 02/07/17 09:18 PM

Bob J -- T/Anks for the Autocross Pod Talk link... very interesting... yes, I know and have raced with/against some of these people.... through my years of the late 70s-80s-90s, then early 2000. Lots of newbies.... and veteran autocrossers. Jim McKamey helped/worked to setup my Challenger for national-level SCCA E/SP competition.

Re: Autocross - 02/08/17 01:14 AM

Bob J -- T/Anks for the Autocross Pod Talk link... very interesting... yes, I know and have raced with/against some of these people.... through my years of the late 70s-80s-90s, then early 2000. Lots of newbies.... and veteran autocrossers. Jim McKamey helped/worked to setup my Challenger for national-level SCCA E/SP competition.

It's good to hear how folks that win look at things. I raced against Kinch last year in SS he co drove a 997.2 GT3 and he kinked my axx and beat the owner of the car also all year.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Autocross - 02/08/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By Bob J

It's good to hear how folks that win look at things. I raced against Kinch last year in SS he co drove a 997.2 GT3 and he kinked my axx and beat the owner of the car also all year.
I hate it when my axx gets kinked eek , can't sit straight for weeks. laugh2

Re: Autocross - 03/26/17 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By Bob J
As it's time to work on the cars for next year. I thought I would post a few sites that might be of interest to Autocross folks. The first is Ed Fishers site. Start with the oldest post and move forward. Ed Fisher It's a good read.
The next are some some coaching tips from Kinch on Youtube. The guy is fast. I raced against him this year. Coaching Tips
These two should help you get faster next year and something to do when it's snowing outside. Are there other sites that you know about? I need to get faster myself.

Just a update Kinch talks with Matt Davis on shocks and setup. Matt worked at Bilstein for years in Design Engineering.
© 2024 Moparts Forums