Moparts

Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates?

Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 02:57 AM

I have a car coming home from paint next week and had plans to get it rolling by the end of the year. Unfortunately I can't get much done with just strut rods and rod end boots..

I called and it seems as far out as 3 weeks before parts ship, which leaves me pretty high and dry without upper control arms, lower pivots or tie rods.

If you have had a backorder with Hotchkis, were their estimations accurate? If 3 weeks is going to turn into 6 weeks, then I need to do something else.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 6.51.28 PM.png
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
I have a car coming home from paint next week and had plans to get it rolling by the end of the year. Unfortunately I can't get much done with just strut rods and rod end boots..

I called and it seems as far out as 3 weeks before parts ship, which leaves me pretty high and dry without upper control arms, lower pivots or tie rods.

If you have had a backorder with Hotchkis, were their estimations accurate? If 3 weeks is going to turn into 6 weeks, then I need to do something else.

Another reason to go with Firm Feel
Posted By: JH23

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:39 AM

Why didnt you buy the TVS kit in stock?

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By JH23

I don't need the subframe connectors or rear springs, nor does it include the lower control arm pivots.

What are you looking at that is showing stock status?
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:56 AM

Id prefer to use upper arms with bushings that don't need to be removed to be adjusted. I have delrin lower arm bushings as well. If you want parts quicker, there are other solutions.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 06:27 AM

Ask Samy/Muumuu how his Hotchkis time frames went.. runaway
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 07:33 AM

When I ordered their shocks through them 1.5 years ago, they were on back order. I believe they told me 3 weeks and it ended up being closer to 6. I will be there next week and can ask if you want.

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted By JH23

I don't need the subframe connectors or rear springs, nor does it include the lower control arm pivots.

What are you looking at that is showing stock status?

Summit may have had some on the shelves.
Posted By: Bob J

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:03 PM

I have ordered from Summit and Classic industries. And received the items in days. Summit this week and Classic 3 weeks ago.
Posted By: ntstlgl1970

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/02/16 04:14 PM

This may sound weird, but check amazon also.

Searching "hotchkis e body" shows just about your whole list in stock
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/04/16 01:26 AM

Everything gets built in batches and goes in a build queue. the big box guys buy the biggest bulk and usually have inventory. If you need stuff fast, shop around.

Stuff sells like hot cakes and some times those poor production guys just can't keep up smile

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/04/16 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By 68rrunner
Everything gets built in batches and goes in a build queue. the big box guys buy the biggest bulk and usually have inventory. If you need stuff fast, shop around.

Stuff sells like hot cakes and some times those poor production guys just can't keep up smile

I certainly understand how parts end up behind, I was hoping to hear how accurate their lead time projections were, if someone here had experience. Like how MuuMuu mentioned his went from 3wk to 6wk.

Unfortunately I took advantage of the recent sale and whomever has the parts in stock are a few hundred bucks more for the same parts.
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/05/16 05:38 AM

As long as there are no production holdups due to equipment failures (damn sway bar machine has broken like 3 times in the last 2 years) the time lines are fairly accurate. As production move more and more to the new facility; times will become increasingly accurate.

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/05/16 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By 68rrunner
As long as there are no production holdups due to equipment failures (damn sway bar machine has broken like 3 times in the last 2 years) the time lines are fairly accurate. As production move more and more to the new facility; times will become increasingly accurate.

Sounds good, thanks!
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/05/16 07:03 AM

Awesome Hotchkis parts!
Did you get the dogbone bolts also? Part# 17366

http://www.hotchkis.net/product/mopar-st...e-applications/
I needed these to be able to fit my Hotchkis sway bar as I have 1.5 offset rear leaf hangers.

You may or may not need them though!

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/06/16 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By RylisPro
Awesome Hotchkis parts!
Did you get the dogbone bolts also? Part# 17366

http://www.hotchkis.net/product/mopar-st...e-applications/
I needed these to be able to fit my Hotchkis sway bar as I have 1.5 offset rear leaf hangers.

You may or may not need them though!

Thanks, but stock spring locations for me.
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/07/16 09:18 PM

My shocks from Hotchkis were back-ordered when I purchased them, and I knew that. The guys at Hotchkis kept me up to date on the parts delivery and assembly process when I called, but it did take approximately 3 weeks beyond the original estimate before I had them in my hands.
Posted By: tanis4457

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/08/16 04:34 PM

Last year when I ordered the adjustable shock package for my 67 Dart, I didn't get the shocks til around April or May, due to backlog. They must get a lot of orders because of the black Friday discounts. I'd recommend contacting Pete at Bergman Auto Craft and go with his products, I'm very pleased with what he's offering.

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/08/16 11:43 PM

I'm going tomorrow. Do you want me to ask about an ETA?
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/09/16 12:13 AM

Ask about when they will be putting Magneto Rheological shocks and Carbon Ceramic brakes out for Mopars also!

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/09/16 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
I'm going tomorrow. Do you want me to ask about an ETA?

That's alright, thanks. I will call next week and see how things are looking.
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/09/16 10:44 AM

I ordered a TVS and was probably 3 months to get everything. Wasn't in a hurry so it didn't matter. If you ordered from them at 20-25% off look at their prices and Summits. May even be cheaper at Summit w/o sale. I do know they didn't charge card until items shipped. Mike
Posted By: Bob J

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/09/16 05:21 PM

I bought mine from Classic Industries and had the TVS kit in 1 week. Now if I can only get UPS stop delivering to random house what I order from Summit. I have to walk the neighborhood to see where my last package is at. So to take this off track.

Re: Hotchkis Backorder - Accurate Estimates? - 12/10/16 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By HUSTLESTUFF
.... If you ordered from them at 20-25% off look at their prices and Summits. May even be cheaper at Summit w/o sale. I do know they didn't charge card until items shipped. Mike

I can't quite get there on cost elsewhere, especially with needing to pay sales tax through Summit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums