Moparts

Magnum Force c-body front frame.

Posted By: V��peli

Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/11/16 07:57 PM

Finally some c-body love boogie
http://www.magnumforce.com/c_body_mopar_frame.html
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 05:42 AM

How the hell do you spell your screen name? I don't see those letters on my keyboard!

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 09:22 AM

It should be ä, but somehow it shows some weird font... eek
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 06:05 PM

Yes Ron at Magnum Force and I have been talking about c-body line for awhile and how it would be a great idea for doing some items for that line of car. Currently had the chance to arrange several test/sample c-body cars and frames to be delivered to his shop for testing and mocking his equipment to work with. I just got done last week dropping off some interchange manuals to help figure out which components will work with other cars. I even dropped off a 1978 Aspen so they can do more product testing with. Their goal at the shop is to have suspension and parts for 1962-1976 c-body cars and wagons and have as much bolt in parts and minimize any welding that might be needed. Currently they have parts for their 'Transformer' line including tubular upper control arms, independent rear suspension, large size Wilwood disc brake conversions and soon heavy duty sub-frame connectors. Hopefully I will have time at the beginning of September to write an article on my experience with their new products on one of my cars.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 08:09 PM

As a lover of the 67-68 Plymouth Furys this is great. Wish this was out back when I had my vert. But, that 68 those guys did is a roach and they got 50K? eek
Posted By: Greg55_99

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 08:12 PM

Did you say "Aspen"? Does that mean Magnum may be interested in doing an F-body suspension?

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By Greg55_99
Did you say "Aspen"? Does that mean Magnum may be interested in doing an F-body suspension?

Yes, not only are they working to do the c-body line, but also looking to do the -F-body line too.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/12/16 08:21 PM

That's funny I was watching "Big Easy Motors" a couple of nights ago and they showed them installing one in a C. I made the comment then "I didn't know Magnum Force makes C-Body stuff?!" From what I saw it looked like decent piece.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/13/16 04:12 AM

That piece is the proto-type, so the one that comes out will be slightly diffrent in design. Hooeing to have a 1966 fury wagon in for testing next. They are even looking into doing Imperials too.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/13/16 10:33 PM

With the same transgender suspension?

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/15/16 03:44 PM

I hope airbags will fit into that MF suspension.
C-bodies are pain in ass to install air suspension.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/16/16 11:42 AM

No air bags avalible, they use Viking shocks.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/16/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By Greg55_99

Alterkation already does an F body version of their system. They don't advertise it, but they have made a few.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/16/16 11:35 PM

So that's a typical 4 link set-up, not clear in the pic, what/how is axle located? work

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/18/16 06:17 AM

I'm not sure I would say it's 'typical' style since everything except the housing is bolt in the rear frame rails. I believe the only welding required is the housing. Not completely sure, so you could go to their site and check it out or email them for tech question.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/26/16 10:25 PM

They started on mocking up info on F-body suspension last week and is looking pretty good. When they get done it, I'll take some more pics and see what header clearances will be like.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/26/16 10:36 PM

Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/28/16 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By jcc
So that's a typical 4 link set-up, not clear in the pic, what/how is axle located? work
It has the diagonal track locator underneath, think ladder bar style "drag" setup.

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/28/16 07:38 AM

Their shop uses jackstands and floor jacks?
This is their high tech fabrication facility ??
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/28/16 01:05 PM

just what the mopar world needs. more junk out there from magnumfarce.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/28/16 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Their shop uses jackstands and floor jacks?
This is their high tech fabrication facility ??

not sticking up for any particular company, but some companies, in their R&D processes, try the installation[s] as the typical back yard enthusiast would do using the readily available tools most have. not all guys have air tools and lifts. maybe the previous pics were of this ? shruggy i have no input on quality [or lack there of] for the kit[s] in question.
beer

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/28/16 08:28 PM

Like I posted, this is pre production mocking up means they have to make basic measurements and calculations before anything else gets worked on. They then make a jig to support the components and and do more measurements. Remember, you have to start from scratch before you can build something. I have used their components on 2 cars with great results, so can't wait to post my assembly pics on my Plymouth next month when I get started.
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 08/29/16 02:18 AM

Interesting. I have a 62 Dodge 880 2 door coupe Im getting ready to do the front suspension on. Right now going with the Alston G Street set up on the stock sub frame. If I knew the 62 front sub frame was the same as the later model C bodies. I might be interested. Just a little FYI I do have a spare front front sub frame for a 62 880. I might be willing to loan for mock up when Im done. Don't know if it would help or not. If it is different though. Wouldn't be any market to do one up for. Those cars a kinda of rare. Im using it now to pull measurements while its on the body of my 880 parts car. The 62 880 was the same as a 300 and Newport in 62. Dont know when the 880 changed front frames. But I think 62-64 880s were still the same. 63 on the 300s and Newports changed bodies don't know if the sub frame changed or not or how much. Keep us posted on the C body stuff. My car going to fab in about a month for the front suspension.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 09/01/16 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By migsBIG
No air bags avalible, they use Viking shocks.

What about installing RideTech Shockwaves?

Kevin

Attached picture 54_chevy_6.jpg

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 09/01/16 04:47 AM

Rear

Kevin

Attached picture P10106611.jpg
Posted By: cdoublejj

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 09/01/16 09:49 PM

Man some folks here HATE MFR, can't ever figure out why.Are those shockwaves similar to what Gas Monkey used on the Ford GT they did?

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 09/01/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By cdoublejj
Man some folks here HATE MFR, can't ever figure out why.Are those shockwaves similar to what Gas Monkey used on the Ford GT they did?

http://www.ridetech.com/store/

Kevin

Re: Magnum Force c-body front frame. - 09/03/16 08:11 PM

Like what Twostick posted. MFR dont have to do air suspension. I just hope they leave enough room for those, if people wants to install em.
© 2024 Moparts Forums