Moparts

Sacramento Autocross

Posted By: norcal-fjo

Sacramento Autocross - 08/05/16 02:21 AM

Sacramento chapter SCCA autocross is in full swing.We are eight races done of twelve total. I have run 7 of the 8, and have 7 wins. So far, so good. I think I can add a link to some on-board videos. These are from round 8 at Stockton fairgrounds. The 2nd pass is my best for the day. https://youtu.be/w4jZOrseNuI Thanks for looking.

Attached picture DartAXfront1.JPG
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/05/16 02:30 AM

You MUST have a fast car! 1 mph while it's just sitting there. lol

Ok, ok, back to the vid. grin

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/05/16 04:51 AM

Yea, speedo feature on camera is a little "sloppy".
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/05/16 07:55 PM

Rick -- T/Anks for sharing the videos... I wish you continued success!

What is the SCCA class you're running in? CAM-T? or E/SP? other?

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/06/16 12:47 AM

I run in CAM-T.
Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/06/16 06:37 AM

Great job Rick!
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/06/16 08:05 AM

Just curious, prior to the Dart, did you have any autocross experience?
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/06/16 06:44 PM

looks good, keep it up man!

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/07/16 04:24 AM

Yes, I did an occasional Autocross prior to the last couple of years in the Dart. All front wheel drive cars; Shelby Charger, Omni GLH and a turbo LeBaron. And thanks guys for the compliments. Hey Tom! have you been out with the Z06?

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/07/16 04:38 AM

Cool! Awesome!

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/07/16 05:29 AM

Rick it took a little time to get used to it, I mean it's no 67 Valiant. I finished 2nd at the CAM Challenge CA but coned away FTOD. I did have one good day, winning the Hotchkis cup at their last event. But ultimately, I miss the old cars and enjoy trying to make them do stuff they were never intended to do, it's the challenge I love, so I just sold the Vette to a fellow local racer...

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/07/16 05:24 PM

You going to buy back the Valiant?

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/07/16 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By Tomswheels
Rick it took a little time to get used to it, I mean it's no 67 Valiant. I finished 2nd at the CAM Challenge CA but coned away FTOD. I did have one good day, winning the Hotchkis cup at their last event. But ultimately, I miss the old cars and enjoy trying to make them do stuff they were never intended to do, it's the challenge I love, so I just sold the Vette to a fellow local racer...

They even got you to put on a Chevy shirt. panic

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/08/16 03:25 AM

You know it's funny, that was Sunday, on Saturday I was racing it in my Valiant tee! A fellow forum member in the Bay Area has the Valiant now, I'm hoping he races it soon...
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/08/16 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By Tomswheels
You know it's funny, that was Sunday, on Saturday I was racing it in my Valiant tee! A fellow forum member in the Bay Area has the Valiant now, I'm hoping he races it soon...

The purple Valiant is getting a horsepower transplant. The 300hp 360 is being replaced by a 380hp 360. Joe is swapping engines with a friend of mine.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/08/16 04:15 AM

Great Job NorCal!!

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 02:15 AM

Thanks for the comments guys and congrats to you Tom for your success in the Vette...now good riddance to it, and get something INTERESTING to race.

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 03:36 AM

There is a certain red Valiant back up for sale.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 07:58 AM

If you mean the "Red Brick", I talked with that guy in Cupertino in June. He didn't mention any plans to sell it then.
I wonder what changed?

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 06:36 PM

Dont care what changed, its for sale.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 10:20 PM

Yeah... way to be polite about it.

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/09/16 10:31 PM

It's politely up for sale, with some extras.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 08/10/16 12:08 AM

I don't want to hijack somebody else's thread. But it is true. An ad will be forthcoming.

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 09/05/16 03:37 AM

Quick up-date; 10 races done out of twelve total. I have run 9, and have 8 wins and a second. Had trouble with my ign switch at round 10 and had to push the car out of line with a no-start situation. After some quick diag, I jumped the starter relay. Hot and semi-panicked, belted back in, and proceeded to over-drive the car and spin-out for my final run...oops! 2nd place finish for me. Rats! Last two rounds coming this next week-end. I already have the season championship sewn up, but still want another win. They score you on your best 9 (3 drops) and I want nine wins.

Attached picture Bad ign switch.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums