Moparts

Monaco F1 today

Posted By: jcc

Monaco F1 today - 05/29/16 04:25 PM

That was a race worth watching. Ironic when a F1 pit stop takes as long as a top Nascar team takes, its considered a disaster. eek
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/30/16 05:14 AM

Watched it with my son at his place. It was wild.
Posted By: minivan

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/30/16 05:39 PM

Nice boats on the water watching the race.....
Posted By: jcc

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/30/16 07:27 PM

I spent awhile in Monte Carlo in the 80's, while walking down any street, at every intersection, you were almost certain to be able to observe at least, 1 Rolls, 1 Ferrari, 1 BMW, and 1 Porsche, on every corner. It was amazing the visible wealth. It was also back then surprising how many had Florida plates, work, maybe they were all importers? eek
Posted By: minivan

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/31/16 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By jcc
I spent awhile in Monte Carlo in the 80's, while walking down any street, at every intersection, you were almost certain to be able to observe at least, 1 Rolls, 1 Ferrari, 1 BMW, and 1 Porsche, on every corner. It was amazing the visible wealth. It was also back then surprising how many had Florida plates, work, maybe they were all importers? eek

What does a motel room cost overnite in Monaco.. Just a nice clean one, not the cosmopolitan.... Anybody know??
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/31/16 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By jcc
That was a race worth watching. Ironic when a F1 pit stop takes as long as a top Nascar team takes, its considered a disaster. eek

I must find some footage or highlights…

…try searching YouTube for Ronnie Petterson at Monaco in 1972 I think - in the wet, up against Lauda & Fittipaldi - pitstops then were averaging 25 secs, but that day his switch from wet to dry tires went over a minute with a fouled rear wheel hub… must've driven him crazy. He still managed 4th..

Cheers,
- Art
Posted By: topside

Re: Monaco F1 today - 05/31/16 04:22 AM

Great race, nice to see Hamilton overcome his Quali problems. Red Bull's pit stop for Ricciardo was unbelievable; I'd bet somebody got his head torn off for that.
Another bit of Monaco footage to check out (YouTube) is Senna's in-car: an absolutely furious attack on that narrow course.
© 2024 Moparts Forums