Moparts

Sacramento Autocross

Posted By: norcal-fjo

Sacramento Autocross - 05/14/16 03:46 AM

Quick report on the Sacramento SCCA autocross scene; Rounds 1 & 2 are in the books, with yours truly in the CAM-T point lead with two first place finishes. Next two rounds are Mather field May 21-22, and then Stockton the following weekend, May 28-29. Those in the area, come out and watch for free, or join the fun for $50.

Attached picture DartStartR13.png
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/14/16 03:50 AM

Congrats. up
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/14/16 05:43 AM

Hey there,
I don't think that we have ever met. I'm a member of the Capital City Mopars. Great handling and classic Mopars is a tough sell to many of the other members but not to me. I think that with our NASCAR heritage, corner carving is as much a part of our history as is Drag racing.

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/21/16 04:03 AM

They are saying possible showers for Saturday, so could be crazy in the rain! I have never autocrossed in the wet.
Hey FrankenDuster! I don't think we have met. I don't go to shows much, but I do go every year to the Sac Raceway Musclecar Magic. Rick

Attached picture DartAX frnt1Sac.JPG
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/21/16 05:06 AM

My son did some autocrossing years ago in the rain (there might be video somewhere around here).

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/22/16 04:40 AM

Hey Jim. Was that the red Fastback Cuda with the cut fenders? I remember that car. Is it still around?
--by the way, it did not rain on us this morning, and despite a couple of highly modified Camaros, and a Nova, the Dart proved un-beatable today, and now we are three races in, and three wins. Tomorrow is round 4. Rick
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/22/16 05:03 AM

boogie Congrats again - keep it up. thumbs
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/22/16 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By norcal-fjo
Hey Jim. Was that the red Fastback Cuda with the cut fenders? I remember that car. Is it still around?
--by the way, it did not rain on us this morning, and despite a couple of highly modified Camaros, and a Nova, the Dart proved un-beatable today, and now we are three races in, and three wins. Tomorrow is round 4. Rick

Yes, that is the car. It's still here. No drive train at the moment and for who knows how long. He's got a 400 block to build a stroker with, but with a one year old and going back to school while still working (except while he's out right now with a broken ankle) the car will sit for a while longer.
Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/23/16 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By norcal-fjo
, the Dart proved un-beatable today, and now we are three races in, and three wins. Tomorrow is round 4. Rick

Great job Rick, will there ever be a purple car to race against?

Re: Sacramento Autocross - 05/24/16 05:02 AM

Not for a while, Tom. Joe started fixing up a few details on the car, but then his personal life got real busy. He takes care of his mom, who is struggling as she gets on in age, and both of his daughters are heading off to college. Maybe you should paint the Z06 purple!
I was able to win both days this weekend, but Sunday was tricky. I ran my car too low on fuel, hoping for lighter is faster, but too light was stumbling off every turn. Matt Klein had ran a 67 second pass, and I needed fuel. A fellow racer (Thanks Rick Brown) gave me 5 gallons, and I then ran a couple of 66 second passes for the win. Whew!
© 2024 Moparts Forums