Moparts

know these tubular upper control arms???

Posted By: krautrock

know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/02/15 09:33 PM

just bought a 67 coronet and trying to figure out who made these upper control arms, anyone recognize them?

notice the gusset...

Untitled by misomad, on Flickr

Untitled by misomad, on Flickr
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/02/15 09:39 PM

They look like FirmFeels... They even have the support at the balljoint. Maybe it's an older model?

http://firmfeel.com/b_body_mopar_upper_control_arms.html
Posted By: astjp2

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 12:13 AM

RMS. the firm feel ones are similar but I have the same ones and I want firm feel ones. Tim
Posted By: astjp2

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 12:14 AM

RMS. the firm feel ones are similar but I have the same ones and I want firm feel ones. Tim

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 12:58 AM

oh alright, so rms are different than the PAC arms that i saw had a few failures?

anyone know if there should be part numbers on the spindle (where?), i'm guessing it probably has the 73-74 a-body spindles but the seller wasn't sure.

gonna check the lower ball joints, one looks pretty old, car drives like it needs an alignment so i figure lower ball joints and maybe some bigger front torsion bars would be good...and new shocks...
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 04:26 AM

I don't think they are rms. Im pretty sure he doesn't use the gusset. they also look like they are mig welded, cold. rms arms are tig welded. those are look like CAP to me.

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 01:59 PM

did the PAC arms have the gusset? the pics of the broken ones i've seen don't seem to...

seems these might be some older arms that might now be redesigned.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/03/15 08:47 PM

The pics are NOT of the FF uca.... because FF doesn't have the adjustments at the ends (all of their pos/caster and neg/camber is pre-built into the design of their uca... and you do the final alignment with the factory cam bolts. I believe the pictured uca are CAP or QA1 (QA1 bought out CAP)... looks like they are heim-joint adjustable ends... that is what the CAP/QA1 uca are.

Re: know these tubular upper control arms??? - 08/05/15 03:45 PM

oh, heard from the previous owner, he said they are QA1 and he didn't like them. said he never thought he got them adjusted right though he followed the directions.

so that said, i'm going to have this thing aligned soon.

what is a good baseline on the upper arms adjustment so the alignment guy can get around 5* caster and maybe negative camber around .5* to 1*

could that be done with all the adjusters all the way in?
or should i go all the way in on the rear and a few threads out on the front bushings?

it's not driving terrible, goes straight but tries to pull a little to the left on the hwy if i tip in the throttle. also kinda darty like it might be toed out just a tad...
© 2024 Moparts Forums