Moparts

Bergman auto craft T bars ?

Posted By: stinger

Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/06/15 12:42 PM

looking to see if anybody has any experience with these T bars and any difference between these and the FF bars other then the price? Thanks!
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/07/15 07:57 PM

I am thinking about getting a set of the 1.15 bars for my 70 Charger that currently has 1.0 bars. I've been trying to reduce the oversteer with the car. I just changed to a smaller, frame hung rear sway bar and the car still wants to wag its tail a bit. I ran without a rear bar and didn't like the amount of body roll. Generally speaking, to reduce understeer, you add stiffness to the back of the car. Conversely, to reduce oversteer, you add roll stiffness to the front. I already have a 1.25 front sway bar, so i suspect a change to the bigger T-bars should improve things. BACs price on these bars is nice. $275 shipped? Seems fair.

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/08/15 03:52 AM

someone replied to this topic before the fourm change implying their customer service was not so good. wonder if the bar's are just some cheap Chinese junk?
Posted By: pro451bee

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/08/15 04:57 AM

I put some 1.12's on my Bee and they look to great quality , took a lot of dive and pitch out of the body during spirited driving. I had .96's in prior.The ride is still good ,I run the Bilstien shock ,I think any lesser shock would be a harsh ride.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/08/15 03:37 PM

Bergman auto craft T bars are just old xv stock i believe.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/08/15 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By cogen80
Bergman auto craft T bars are just old xv stock i believe.

That is what I heard as well.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/08/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By stinger
someone replied to this topic before the fourm change implying their customer service was not so good. wonder if the bar's are just some cheap Chinese junk?

Yes, that was me. My post magically disappeared. I called there last year and spoke to the owner and some woman took my phone/email contact. Never heard back.
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/09/15 02:05 AM

He's active on the board but posts in the Cornering forum. Check it out, or see if you can have a Mod move the thread over there.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/09/15 03:55 PM

Although it is probably best to call and ask him. XV is still marching along with an entirely new management team, so while Bergman used to work at XV and he and XV may get their bars from the same place, they are entirely separate entities.
Posted By: Dartman440

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/10/15 04:00 PM

They are a real high quality from a big torsion bar co. California. They cost $650 new.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/11/15 08:21 PM

Would that be Halibrand?

Had them make a custom set for my bud's 75 Coronet back in the late 80's.
Posted By: Uhcoog1

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/12/15 02:15 AM

Peter is a good guy and has good customer service in my experience. He'll probably hop in this thread soon.

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/12/15 05:15 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger and order the 1.12 set for a 440 e bod but wonder if I should go to the 1.15? I plan on just using the Bilstein RCD's.
Posted By: Wildjones

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/13/15 10:08 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger and order the 1.12 set for a 440 e bod but wonder if I should go to the 1.15? I plan on just using the Bilstein RCD's.

Can't comment on ride quality, but that is combo I chose for my '70 Cuda, but i bought the bars from Firm Feel as I hadn't heard of Bergman yet.

I've dealt with Peter when I bought a Borgeson box from him. Very knowledgeable and helpful.
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/13/15 10:17 PM

If you're running the RCD Bilsteins then go with the 1.12 bars. I have those shocks with the 1.18 bars and am going to an adjustable shock because I don't like the ride with them.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/14/15 05:38 PM

I can throw my support behind the T bars and BAC's service - I bought a set back in about September or so. I called and spoke to Peter and he quickly sent them out to me. From his place in Long Island to me near Boston I think I had them in two days. We also spoke briefly about the Borgeson Steering kits he offers.

I am impressed with the quality and powdercoating (I never asked if it actually was powdercoating, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't).

I'm installing them into my wagon next weekend and I'm looking forward to trying the car out with them installed.
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/15/15 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By formula_s

Yes, that was me. My post magically disappeared. I called there last year and spoke to the owner and some woman took my phone/email contact. Never heard back.

Im sorry nobody got back to you. I'd guess I never received the message unfortunately. However, my cell and email address is on my site. I've texted many on this board at off hours to try and help with questions.
As far as the t bars are concerned, I purchased their inventory once they went out of business. I bought them at a good price which is why I can offer them at the price I do until they are gone. They were usa or Canada made. I never did know the exact supplier as they were in stock early in the XV days.
I'm am in no way affiliated with the person who is making the "new" XV parts.
I'm a phone call, text, pm away from anyone who has questions.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Bergman auto craft T bars ? - 04/16/15 12:35 AM

Stinger -- yes... go with the 1.15 tbs... or else... consider the 1.18 tbs from FF. I run 1.24 tbs with beefed Konis, and on the street (hwy) its great, as well as on HSAX and pylon AX events with sticky tires (hoosier a6).
© 2024 Moparts Forums