Moparts

Front Shock Mounting Hardware

Posted By: Husker67

Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/23/15 05:04 PM

Just a quick question regarding the upper shock mounting hardware on a 67 Coronet. I am trying to finish up the front suspension and am in the process of installing the shocks. The FSM shows a top washer, the rubber bushing with metal insert, and then a lower washer. I don't recall there ever having been a lower washer during disassembly and there wasn't one included with the new hardware that had been ordered. Having said that, it has been approximately 8 years since I disassembled the front end and my memory may be fuzzy? Was a lower washer installed during assembly and lost during a subsequent shock replacement? If so - would anyone know who might sell the correct washer? Thanks for any help you can offer...
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/24/15 12:45 AM

Well, there should be a lower washer there, as for who sells the correct one. I dunno? I am not into that kind of thing myself, the resto forum might be a better place to find out that one.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/24/15 03:03 AM

The "Help" section at the AP store may have one. I have a couple from old shocks stashed in my parts drawer (I think) as I have had that problem before. A trip to your local garage would score an old shock or two for free which is another way to get them.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/24/15 03:34 AM

Note his sig

67 Coronet 500 - restoration in progress

Don't think he wants just any old washer, which would work, but not be correct.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/24/15 03:50 AM

Quote:

Just a quick question regarding the upper shock mounting hardware on a 67 Coronet. I am trying to finish up the front suspension and am in the process of installing the shocks. The FSM shows a top washer, the rubber bushing with metal insert, and then a lower washer. I don't recall there ever having been a lower washer during disassembly and there wasn't one included with the new hardware that had been ordered. Having said that, it has been approximately 8 years since I disassembled the front end and my memory may be fuzzy? Was a lower washer installed during assembly and lost during a subsequent shock replacement? If so - would anyone know who might sell the correct washer? Thanks for any help you can offer...

get some RCD Bilsteins and remove the stickers, they come with all the hardware required.
Posted By: Husker67

Re: Front Shock Mounting Hardware - 02/24/15 03:48 PM

Thanks guys - I figured that there probably was one but I would have figured the hardware and mount kit I had purchased would have included it. I will see what I can come up with through Bill Rollick or one of the other suppliers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums